Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ianp811@yahoo.com

2000 196ssi sundeck gas lift assists

3 posts in this topic

I recently had my sundeck/engine cover on my 2000 196ssi redone.  I forgot to note the location of the gas lift assist brackets and screw holes where the brackets connect to the underside of the sundeck.  Anyone able to share a picture of how/where the brackets connect?  I've got the main hinge reconnected, but my first attempt to reconnect the brackets tore up the underside of the sundeck.  I'd need a picture that is taken from a lower angle than the stock pic I found and attached to this topic.

Capture.JPG

On 5/13/2018 at 1:06 PM, ianp811@yahoo.com said:

I recently had my sundeck/engine cover on my 2000 196ssi redone.  I forgot to note the location of the gas lift assist brackets and screw holes where the brackets connect to the underside of the sundeck.  Anyone able to share a picture of how/where the brackets connect?  I've got the main hinge reconnected, but my first attempt to reconnect the brackets tore up the underside of the sundeck.  I'd need a picture that is taken from a lower angle than the stock pic I found and attached to this topic.

Capture.JPG

Based on the picture you have the optional Sport seating. Picture from a 2000-2002 186, 196 and 216 SSi should work for you. 2003 190, 200 and 220* SSi *w/o walk-thru transom will work as well.

Cyclops might be able to help as his 186 SSi might be in the water already, but we've had a late spring up here. Don't know what seating configuration he has though. My own boat won't be out of storage for several more weeks.

Chris

I've got the 220 but it was only offered with a walk through transom...it's a completely different animal than the non-walk through transom model boats so no help there, plus the 220 changed where it attached the struts depending on the year.