cyclops2

MASSIVE black mold on theinsde surface of the old air conditioner in the cottage.

Toxic fumes were a given. First start up was a slight smell that I got used to. Found it after the Freon was removed & I took the unit apart to make carrying it easier.

Will now do a 2 year inspection . Feeling much more healthy after 2 weeks............. Started dating a 22 year old cheer leader.      :haha-7383:

Problem is. It is buried in the center of the A C. Complete take apart of covers. Fan & blades.Support brackets. White Styrofoam air ducts.  I rent the cottage for the summer every year. Will price out a AC person field stripping it & cleaning it. Will see if just replacing it as needed is almost the same cost as 2 cleanings. They are window units.

Post pics of the cheerleader...

brick

I've been on cruiser boats of friends and dock neighbors where there was a smell and obvious mold issue.

Carpets can get wet and then closed up, leading to issue.

Wet bilge might not help. 

Under floor shower sump area may not dry out nicely and mold instead.

One boat at our marina smelled so bad thay every time we walked by it we had to hold our breath.

To mitigate humidity, some boats run the on-board AC dehumidifier at the dock while theyre not there, but what if strainer gets clogged.  My neighbor has a small plug in solid state portable dehumidifier  (eva dry).

Long ago when I lived in a mobile home, I had a new window installed. Over a period of time, the wall beneath the new window started turning black. Hmmmmm. Eventually I opened the wall and all the 2x4's were black too! I called the guy who installed the window and had him redo everything to plug any possible leaks. The mold disappeared after everything dried out and cleaned.