watson524

No water pressure

This will probably be the last of "Michele's Many Question Monday" for tonite LOL!

Friday on the test drive with the dealer before we took the boat, the water was working fine. Tank is fully, we turned on the helm switch, got water from the wet bar sink, the head sink and the head flushed fine.

Today, I wanted to rinse something on the platform when we came back to dock so I hit the water pressure switch and not a sound was made. No water coming out of anywhere. I looked at the breakers in front of the helm for the one marked water pressure and nothing was weird there. Nothing was popped out. I'm not 100% sure where the pressure builder system is, just the fresh water fill. I went back under the seats where the vacuum pump for the head is, and mounted forward if that is something that I'm guessing is the water tank and had a line in and a line out but I didn't see any wires to it. I was thinking it's got to be something simple or I'm just being dumb but I can't come up with anything. 

Pinged the dealer and he said next time I'm over by his dock to give him a shout. I'll be back to late tomorrow to head over so I thought I'd try here in case someone has any idea and I can check tomorrow evening.

And before anyone asks, yes, I did have the batteries on because the first time I went to hit the switch then weren't and I realized that I highly doubt they had them wired to come on without the main switch on so I turned the battery switch to 1+2 and still no love. Not a single noise being made anywhere.

My water pump in at the base of the water tank. Check the wire connections. Mine only pumps when the power is on and a vavle is opened.

PS......

Thats one Good Looking BLUE Boat.....

:oregonian_winesmiley:

LOL thanks Matt! Blue is my favorite color. Where is your tank in relation to the fill? I didn't even see a tank that would appear to hold 13 gallons of water so I may just have been missing something.

Port side raer by the engine, My vacuflush tank is under the port seat.

Ok then I was in the right area, I must be blind, unless it is that thing I saw with the lines going in and out but I definitely didn't see wires. When I look in my corner seat I have the batteries, then extreme port side is the vaccu-flush holding tank and then just forward of that on the wall between that and the straight part of the port-side seat is this other small thing mounted on the "wall". Maybe that really was it but I can't see that being 13 gallons which makes me think the tank is elsewhere but if I have decent light when I get back tomorrow from work and other stuff, I'll go check in case it's a wire there that went wonky. 

Unless they have changed the 264 significantly over the years, which I doubt, the fresh water holding tank is under the drivers seat.

You can see it and access it by opening the middle/rear under floor storage lock.  It is up on a shelf on the starboard side.

Here is a couple of pictures showing it, #3 below.

large.5afa3c71737d5_ScreenShot2018-05-14at6_46_30PM.png.27b8542b057e501f4efa102043996e4d.png

And a diagram of the whole fresh water system:

large.5afa3c7254f94_ScreenShot2018-05-14at6_47_50PM.png.b6031da5e7176103c7ed73d69b716283.png

Thank you! This is very helpful! That makes sense since the fill is ahead of the windshield on the starboard side. Perhaps when we were loading life jackets and covers in that storage locker we knocked something lose. I'll have a look hopefully tomorrow.

Can I ask where you got those diagrams? I'd love to have a set for mine.

Ah ok, I noticed a while back 2013 was it on the site but you're right, not much here should have changed so I'll pull the pdf from the main site. Thanks!

Figured it out and got water back. Our tank is on the port side of the ski locker. The pump is over on the right side. On the pump, the harness that connects yellow & brown to red & black was pushed together but not clicked in. Must have just jostled lose when we were on our first ride out. Getting it clicked back together was a BI%$H. There's a green gasket seal on the one end and man that thing did not want to compress enough to let the two sides click without some "persuasive" language.

Eh, factory wouldn't have caught it because clearly it was working and even on the test run with the dealer, it was working. Jostled apart and the clip is very stiff so it could have just "popped". I may wrap some black tape around it to keep it in check.

Having been to the factory and seeing how it's all hand done, I have a lot more respect for the boat building process and tolerance for these little snafus. Can't get bent out of shape over things or it takes away from my happy boat time.

On 5/18/2018 at 10:42 AM, watson524 said:

Having been to the factory and seeing how it's all hand done, I have a lot more respect for the boat building process and tolerance for these little snafus. Can't get bent out of shape over things or it takes away from my happy boat time.

Now thats refreshing from a guy who just dropped some serious bucks on a boat. 

Well said......:clapsmiley:

.:boating:

On 5/17/2018 at 7:53 PM, watson524 said:

Figured it out and got water back. Our tank is on the port side of the ski locker. The pump is over on the right side. On the pump, the harness that connects yellow & brown to red & black was pushed together but not clicked in. Must have just jostled lose when we were on our first ride out. Getting it clicked back together was a BI%$H. There's a green gasket seal on the one end and man that thing did not want to compress enough to let the two sides click without some "persuasive" language.

To get to the tank it's on the portside inside the ski locker?

2 hours ago, Toddler said:

Yeah biggest check I ever wrote but it makes us happy so it's priceless. I mostly live a "$hit happens" life. My mother lived by the serenity prayer and as I have some "life experiences", I tend to lean towards that too (most of the time, let's be honest).

2 hours ago, Toddler said:

To get to the tank it's on the portside inside the ski locker?

Yep, so if you were laying on the floor with your head in the locker and feet in the engine compartment, the tank is to port and the pump is on its own on the starboard side.

Thats a change from earlier years.

It also means neither side can be used to store anything up off of the floor from the ski locker I suppose.  On mine, everything is on the starboard shelf, leaving that port shelf available as storage which I do use to put a few things up there so that are not on the floor of the ski locker.

But, I have noticed over the years if I have the water tank full, a get a bit of a list to starboard when under way, so maybe that is why they moved it.

8 hours ago, dsmacey said:

It also means neither side can be used to store anything up off of the floor from the ski locker I suppose.  On mine, everything is on the starboard shelf, leaving that port shelf available as storage which I do use to put a few things up there so that are not on the floor of the ski locker.

But, I have noticed over the years if I have the water tank full, a get a bit of a list to starboard when under way, so maybe that is why they moved it.

The pump doesn't take up much room on the starboard size so you could probably still put stuff there and I'll look again today when I'm over there but I don't think the water tank takes up the whole length on the port side so you might get stuff ahead of it.

Ok looks like the tank does take up most of the port side "ledge" in the ski locker. Pump hardly takes up any room on the starboard side tho so I put a few of the life jackets up on that ledge to keep them high and dry. I've got 4 others in the storage compartment in front of the helm and a few more up under the bow seat.

That shelf is a nice handy spot to store stuff and unless you stick your head down in there you would never know its there :)

On 5/20/2018 at 0:03 PM, Toddler said:

I'll be the one to fix it for you:

Now thats refreshing from a Gal who just dropped some serious bucks on a boat. 

7 hours ago, Phillbo said:

LOL! Good catch :)

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, Phillbo said:

Ahhhhh, I was waiting for the sparks to fly.  Trigger warning!!!!

16 hours ago, Toddler said:

Confussed.................:scratchchin:

Phillbo's just calling out the fact that you said "guy" but I'm a girl. Personally, I don't care, I use "guy" pretty much all the time. Tho not "youz guys" like many in NE PA and other parts off the state, that just hurts my ears