watson524

I know I said I wouldn't use the head but....

A while ago I posted asking about treatment for the holding tank tho I had no plans to use the head really. Other people questioned why I wouldn't use it and I sort of came around to the idea. Glad I did! Monday 2 of my friends and I were out and the water is only 65F so there was no way we were going in there so the head got broken in. But holy heck, all of us being between 5'6" and 5'9", not one of us could pull up pants and shorts without cracking the door and sticking our head out. There is seriously limited room in there once you try to stand up!!

Insert phrase: "That's how you know who your friends are!"

Another outbreak of   "  Boat 2 footitis ? "

" Hello bank. Homeowners Line of Credit. Please.  "

:D

lol...yes time for a upgrade.  Should have simulated bathroom use before pulling the trigger. 

Don't worry we leave the bathroom door open as well on our boat and the ladies finish pulling up their clothes in the cuddy.  We close that door as well for the ladies.  

When we were at the boat show I tried "simulating" using the head on a few of the bow riders.  Holy cow, not sure how a female could take a tinkle, let a lone a standing male taking a pee.  Emergency use only I could tell.   

14 minutes ago, Roady68 said:

let a lone a standing male taking a pee. 

Guys need to sit as well.

Just need a bigger boat. I can stand in my head. :P

I refuse to sit to pee:haha-7383:  

I stand, bent at the waist with my back pressed against the ceiling and make it work!:D

I just go #1 in the lake. I have never felt the need to drop a duce while on the boat. In fact I disconnected our toilet, removed it, and freed up the space for storage. But obviously we never overnight on the boat.

my head is tight too, and i am 5'9", 190lbs.

I have been on boats my size that have nice big heads, but you lose the cockpit room.  And when i'm on the boat, I'm in the cockpit 99.999999999% of the time. I only use the head for emergency's

Do not take seniors.   Most suffer from a cup of liquid in.   A cup of liquid out.  Been there.

3 hours ago, Jjlai724 said:

lol...yes time for a upgrade.  Should have simulated bathroom use before pulling the trigger. 

Don't worry we leave the bathroom door open as well on our boat and the ladies finish pulling up their clothes in the cuddy.  We close that door as well for the ladies.  

Definitely NOT time for an upgrade. We have just 10 hours on THIS upgrade LOL!

3 hours ago, Roady68 said:

When we were at the boat show I tried "simulating" using the head on a few of the bow riders.  Holy cow, not sure how a female could take a tinkle, let a lone a standing male taking a pee.  Emergency use only I could tell.   

Yeah we had tested it before but all I ever did was sit and get up, I didn't think about the fact that I've got shorts to contend with.

2 hours ago, MonkeySeaII said:

I refuse to sit to pee:haha-7383:  

I stand, bent at the waist with my back pressed against the ceiling and make it work!:D

I can't wait until Will tries it for the first time!!! 

1 hour ago, Chap243 said:

I just go #1 in the lake. I have never felt the need to drop a duce while on the boat. In fact I disconnected our toilet, removed it, and freed up the space for storage. But obviously we never overnight on the boat.

I certainly hope it's never more than #1 but unfortunately, I have a bad stomach and it's not consistent so there are times when it could be a true emergency. Tho if that's the case, all bets are off and I'll likely be spraying down the whole compartment or just throwing myself in the lake.

48 minutes ago, rreale said:

my head is tight too, and i am 5'9", 190lbs.

I have been on boats my size that have nice big heads, but you lose the cockpit room.  And when i'm on the boat, I'm in the cockpit 99.999999999% of the time. I only use the head for emergency's

True, use of cockpit is way more important in my opinion.

For whatever reason, my son has to take a dump almost every time we head out on the lake.  It's been a great hassle saver and no major issues.

Head on a small boat...we just aim for the house in those rare occasions when someone couldn't wait and it was still cold.  More crap to winterize, no head or external water system wanted.  

I didn't think I'd want it either but the wet bar countertop area and spray hoses have already come in handy 

I was actually curious about this subject for our next boat in a few years.  My thought was take a dump before you leave the shore because if you do drop a load in there you are cleaning it, NOT ME!!!  LOL

7 hours ago, Jjlai724 said:

Guys need to sit as well.

:tofunny:

I've taken note over time and the "256" head is bigger than the 264's .

At 6'4" and 225lbs I would not even consider trying to use a head in an open bow. I can stand up in the head on my cruiser but have to duck a bit to get through the door. Since we spend a minimum of 4 days a trip on the boat the head gets used.

18 hours ago, watson524 said:

I didn't think I'd want it either but the wet bar countertop area and spray hoses have already come in handy 

This weekend will be the test actually...ice only went out a few weeks back and there is no jumping in for the ladies yet.  Nothing worse that having to head home for an 'emergency'.  Maybe not such a big deal to winterize a head if I didn't have multiple boats, pieces of equipment and different house that I also have to winterize in a very short time.  It's Minnesota and the really cold stuff comes when it wants to some years.  

so a couple things I noticed on ours... Same as your boat..  Yes you must sit down as a guy and yes you can't pull your pants up without opening the door unless you are a contortionist.  I do find it very room once you are seated.  I use the same chemicals that i use in my motorcoach for the holding tanks.  Buy on Amazon..very inexpensive.  When you go to dump your tank, you have to keep the toilet ball valve open or the stuff will not pump out.  Learned that the hard way.  There is no need to put chemicals down the sink because that drains overboard and not into the tank

Jonny

On 5/25/2018 at 0:34 PM, Jonny40QBH said:

I do find it very room once you are seated. 

You are right, once you're seated I'm impressed with how much room they crammed in that space

My boat came with a porta potty. I never used it and pulled it out of the boat.  Currently, I just carry a big Turtle Wax car soap bottle which allows me extended stays out in the lake. Then take the bottle home and empty it. Then use toilet bowl cleaner to clean the bottle and its ready for its next mission.  To me, this is better than peeing in the lake.

The marina that I was at previously, banned that. Don't remember if it was by NYS law or just there own. The basic rule was something like, pee in your toilet, pee in our toilet but don't carry your pee to our toilet.  But in Canada, law enforcement patrols the waters to see if you have a toilet vs peeing in the lake. 

When your peeing in the lake, did you ever consider which way the current is flowing and "what are those other groups of people doing in the water?"

Without the porta potty onboard, I can't stay out in the open waters over night. Mother nature will call to arms and require me to seek "inland water ways."