My Quicksilver trim control only works one way. It puts the legs down.  to raise the legs i need to use the trailer switch.  

the switches on the hand throttle appear in good order and connections are ok.....i doubt that both switches would be faulty. 

i recently serviced the drive units and noticed a wire connected to a sensor type thing on the pivot point  of the units. 

could this be the problem. if so where can i read about it. 

Port side sensor is the trim limit sensor. Either the sensor or the wiring to it is bad. I have been using the trailer mode to rise mine since I have owned my boat. OK to do as long as you don't go too high.

On my Sig, I had the three wire connector at the trim pump go bad.  The wire broke inside the rubber isolator.  I used a 12V test light and had my daughter activate the switches at the helm.  I go the right lights at the connector, but no power went to the relays.  So I knew the problem was int he connector.  I cut the wires and spliced individually.  I plan on replacing connector one of these days.  At the end of the season the limit switch took dump too.  SO those are getting replaced first.

A lot of the time the switch can get a little corrosion across the contacts after it sits all winter. I wiggle the heck out of the switch and usually clears up shortly.

Had this happen to me last season when I detailed the 'engine room' and got overzealous with the hose water and then skipped a week of using the boat so it sat unused. The rubber boot has a hose clamp that keeps it water tight and the hose clamp wasn't screwed down so water got in to the connections and corroded.  No big deal but It's almost impossible to get down into the female connectors to clean them they are so small.  

short these 2 wires and see if the up trim now works, Yes= trim limit switch is bad. Plug at the pump supplies 12v to the wires at the helm, they activate the trim pump solenoids. If you hear clicking when you hit the up trim, the up solenoid is bad, you confirm this by shorting the 2 large posts

Untitledr.jpg