Sign in to follow this  

i HAVE A 2012 287 SSX 8.1 VOLVO

My tach on the dash is off about 1000 rpm lower than the tach on the digital read out?

I know the digital one must be correct because the rpms as related to mph makes more sense I.e. 3000 at 30mph on the digital when the dial is about 2000 rpms

I've heard that there is some kind of adjustment than can be made on the back of the unit?

Anyone?

6 minutes ago, DANCATAL said:

i HAVE A 2012 287 SSX 8.1 VOLVO

My tach on the dash is off about 1000 rpm lower than the tach on the digital read out?

I know the digital one must be correct because the rpms as related to mph makes more sense I.e. 3000 at 30mph on the digital when the dial is about 2000 rpms

I've heard that there is some kind of adjustment than can be made on the back of the unit?

Anyone?

Some of the analog tachs have a selector switch on the rear of the body. Preset allows selection for 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines. Even if yours is found to have the switch, and that it is in fact set to the 8 cylinder position, I would still cycle the switch through the other positions to be sure that it is seated properly in the V-8 notch. Good luck.  W