My first season with my 2012 287 SSX and i am loving it!

I figured that I would pump  out my tank because the guague said 3/4 full.

I have a Vacuflush system but no maccerator.

It seemed to take a super long time, like over 30 minutes.

After i was done the hose leading to the pump out port seemed to be full.

I've been a boater for over 30 years and never saw anything like that, although this is my first experience with a Vacuflush system.

Is there something special that I was supposed to do?

When pumping out have someone hold open the valve on the toilet to release the vacuum in the system.

1 hour ago, ColdOne said:

When pumping out have someone hold open the valve on the toilet to release the vacuum in the system.

Ditto......

As above, on your system the holding tank doubles as the vacuum accumulator so you need to shut off the vacuum pump switch, potable water system pump switch, and the prop the toilet ball valve open while pumping out. There is a catch on the flush valve of your Sea Land toilet just for this purpose.  You can download a manual from the Sea Land website.  W

I would down load the manual on your system. There are many models of this system.

I do have a Vac-u-Flush and I do not need to keep the toilet open. The vent on my system will let air in as stuff goes out. 

On 5/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, Iggy said:

I would down load the manual on your system. There are many models of this system.

I do have a Vac-u-Flush and I do not need to keep the toilet open. The vent on my system will let air in as stuff goes out. 

+1 I too don’t have to hold the pedal down. 

9 hours ago, TexasPilot71 said:

+1 I too don’t have to hold the pedal down. 

The combo systems were installed on all smaller Chaps as they do not need the holding tank capacity that you do on an overnight boat. I like the combo systems as the air pump never sees the waste stream and the waste is stored/held at full vacuum. Easy for an owner to determine which system he has. If his system has an 1-1/2" in-line pump, then he has a holding tank vented to atmosphere. If he has a small vacuum generator mounted to the top of a small capacity holding tank, then it's the combo system.  W

On 5/27/2018 at 12:32 PM, Wingnut said:

As above, on your system the holding tank doubles as the vacuum accumulator so you need to shut off the vacuum pump switch, potable water system pump switch, and the prop the toilet ball valve open while pumping out. There is a catch on the flush valve of your Sea Land toilet just for this purpose.  You can download a manual from the Sea Land website.  W

Had our system pumped for the first time today and yep, had to hold the toilet lever down to keep the ball valve open so the guy could get stuff out. I tried looking in the Dometic manuals and I can't figure out what the catch on the flush valve is tho? I just stood there with my foot on the pedal but if there's a way to make it stay down, that would be good to know.

The 3/4 light was on and the guy said it didn't take much out but I said it's not that big of a holding tank so I'm not surprised. The 3/4 full light went off so I'm assuming he got it all.