U-Thrive

What is the best boat lift on the market today?

I am looking at purchasing a new boat lift and after researching for weeks I am thinking about going with the HydroHoist Boat Lifts Harborhoist. Seen hundreds of positive reviews on different forums and site.. Does anybody else have this model?? What are your thoughts

HydroHoist® Boat Lifts HarborHoist™ Boat Lift.jpg

How much wave action do you get at your slip?

I think you would be better with a full lift and not a floater as that thing will take a beating in a blow as will your dock batter boards and impact piles.  These guys use Magnum and Hi-Tide and they seem to be the top installer/servicing dealer in this area with a great rep.  W

http://www.chesapeakeboatlift.com/

Definitely stick with Hydro Hoist, I have an 8000 pound lift that is almost 20 years old, still works perfect

For rough water I'd want what Wingnut is suggesting.  In my neck of the woods (mostly calm lake waters), Hydro Hoist is great.

After researching lift options for our new boat house, we went with a Venture lift.  Hydro Hoist is very good as well, but the solid stainless steel drive system, aluminum beams and completely sealed motor pushed us to Venture.  They are designed for tough saltwater environments and made in Florida.   We are freshwater boaters.  Make sure to get a remote control (looks just like a car remote), makes dropping and picking up quite easy/convenient.  Worth a look!

We have a Doozie boat lift. Most people on Lake Gaston have them. I think its where they are head quartered.

We have a 4000 lb lift, and it lifts our 4500 boat just fine. Why do we have a 4000 lb lift with a 4500 boat ? 

We we had the boat house built, we didn't have a boat. We thought we would be getting a 20 ft'r. We ended up with a Chap 232. I think it weights around 3800, but when you add all the stuff, gas, toys, etc i think it is closer to 4500.

On 6/7/2018 at 7:35 PM, cjm13905 said:

We have a Doozie boat lift. Most people on Lake Gaston have them. I think its where they are head quartered.

We have a 4000 lb lift, and it lifts our 4500 boat just fine. Why do we have a 4000 lb lift with a 4500 boat ? 

We we had the boat house built, we didn't have a boat. We thought we would be getting a 20 ft'r. We ended up with a Chap 232. I think it weights around 3800, but when you add all the stuff, gas, toys, etc i think it is closer to 4500.

We are in Gaston as well and have Doozies for our two boat lifts and jet ski lifts.