CigarXO

Prop advice? VP 5.0L GL & SX-M1 drive on '04 210ssi

New to me 210ssi with 5.0L GL Volvo SX.  It has 14.5 x 19, 3 blade aluminum prop.  3850301  Mostly to be used for water sports: tubing, keyboard and skiing, but don't want to sacrifice too much top-end. Spec WOT is 4800.  I was 43mph at 5100 with 7pax & half tank of gas (Boat wt: 3200lbs, testing heavy at 4500lbs.)

Thanks,

CigaXO

FB_IMG_1527919704689.jpg

Sounds like a carbed engine with 220 HP. I would go with an 18 pitch 4 blade stainless steel.

tomnjo - Thanks for the reply.  Research & thread crawling leads me to the same conclusion.  Any recommendation on prop brand or model?

I had a near miss with a CL listing for $150.  That would have been a nice hook-up.

Also interested in any other suggestions from the forum...

Thanks, CigarXO

The OE prop on a new 21 H2O is the 3 blade aluminum 14.5 X 19 pitch with the 200 hp V6 and it comes with a 14 X 21 pitch with the 220 hp or 250 hp V6 engines.  

Seems as though the 14 X 21 would bring the rpms down and give a top speed closer to 50 with a lighter load.  My guess is that someone swapped out to the 19 pitch for a better hole shot with skiers and passengers.   

I thought Merc & Volvo used a Rev Limiter on those 5.0 engines.