Sign in to follow this  
Nokomis

Fresh water pump

I've just had my 2012 330 Signature delivered to my dock. I filled the fresh water reservoir and turned flipped the breaker. The pump is coming on but I can't seem to get any water other than spots and spurts. I'm not sure if I need to prime the pump anad am trying to locate it. I've looked at the pictures in the parts guide but can't seem to find any access to the pump.

Some fresh water systems need to have a faucet open to allow the pump to get primed. It varies with the pump & plumbing & valves installed..  Call the marina . They will know what sequence is needed. You may not have a original system in the boat.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried leaving with a faucet open and let the pump run for about a minute. I didn't want to let it run longer for fear of damaging the pump. Where should the pump be located? The parts guide seems to show it under the V berth but the sound seems to come from the starboard side cabinetry below th TV. I would like to have a look at the pump.

Also check to see if you have a fresh water hose connection.  Our Sig 300 has a hos connection at the transom.  I believe the intent is to be able to use dock water instead of the water in your tank.  When we first tried using the water int he tank, we had the same issue.  Turns out there is a plug that is supposed to be installed at the hose bib.  It was removed when the boat was winterized.  It lets the system burp our the pressure when the pump is on if its not plugged tight.

Thanks to all. It was the hose connection in the transom. I plugged the connection and all was good.