Sign in to follow this  
DANCATAL

2012 287 SSX BLOWER MOTORS

I have a 2012 287 SSX.

I was a Sea Ray owner/enthusiast for years, and now I am fully converted, and loving everything about my Chaparral.

Both blower motors are not working and switch stays lit?

I checked the breakers and they seem ok?

Is there a fuse anywhere? It is odd that they would both stop working simultaneously?

10 minutes ago, DANCATAL said:

I have a 2012 287 SSX.

I was a Sea Ray owner/enthusiast for years, and now I am fully converted, and loving everything about my Chaparral.

Both blower motors are not working and switch stays lit?

I checked the breakers and they seem ok?

Is there a fuse anywhere? It is odd that they would both stop working simultaneously?

Did you lose the ground connection to the motors? First step is to check for voltage at the motors. If you have power there then likely the ground connection was lost as it is common to both motors. No fuse, but another possibility is that the plug has fallen off the back of the helm switch. Chap feeds the switch bank from a common buss bar and the switch will light up even if the output side had become disconnected. Happened on my bilge pump switch, as harness was barely long enough to reach the terminal and worked off over time.  W

Does your boat have a Fireboy system?  I'm not super familiar with them, but I seem to remember reading that if the charge pressure gets low, that disables the blowers.  That would be so that in the event of a fire, the system discharges, and the blowers shut down to stop feeding fresh oxygen to the fire.  

9 hours ago, TNBrett said:

Does your boat have a Fireboy system?  I'm not super familiar with them, but I seem to remember reading that if the charge pressure gets low, that disables the blowers.  That would be so that in the event of a fire, the system discharges, and the blowers shut down to stop feeding fresh oxygen to the fire.  

Also if the wire is loose, the blowers will not work.

That would be so that in the event of a fire, the system discharges, and the blowers shut down to stop feeding fresh oxygen to the fire.  

Sort of a oxymoron considering the blowers actually suck air from the bilge

6 hours ago, Bt Doctur said:

Sort of a oxymoron considering the blowers actually suck air from the bilge

Really in order to suck out, it also creats a vacuum. Fresh air in...........:D

Toddler is really with it for being so young.       :haha-7383: