watson524

Towing tube from 264

12 hours ago, brclark82 said:

If you have a Sam’s Club near you check this one out.  A little smaller but great quality and quite a bit cheaper than the best price I’ve seen elsewhere. 

https://m.samsclub.com/ip/3p-towable-18-1061/prod21990949?xid=plp_product_1_1

Ive had my 3 yr old on it (idle speed) and I’ve also had my 30yo brother in law at 30+ mph and it’s fun for both.

We do have Sam's but unfortunately, this one is now out of stock. Thanks for the tip tho, I didn't know they ever sold this type of thing.

55 minutes ago, watson524 said:

We do have Sam's but unfortunately, this one is now out of stock. Thanks for the tip tho, I didn't know they ever sold this type of thing.

Part of what I like about being a Sam's member is shopping the seasonal general merchandise in the store.  I keep thinking about switching to Costco, though.  But that's another topic . . . 

1 minute ago, Futzin' said:

Part of what I like about being a Sam's member is shopping the seasonal general merchandise in the store.  I keep thinking about switching to Costco, though.  But that's another topic . . . 

I really have been missing out. We're usually in paper goods lol!

The closest Costco to me is a bit over an hour away. If we had one closer, I'd probably switch as well because I'm categorically opposed to WalMart/Sams but that's a whole other as well.

Sam’s also currently has a water mat on sale for $250 that gets pretty good reviews  that sells for at least twice that elsewhere.  I’m probably gonna pick it up before this weekend.

And yes their seasonal section is mainly what I shop there for, they have some amazing deals and I usually end up with something new.

Tubes?  Whatever the local Costco is currently stocking!

I bought the Airhead Live Wire 2.  It is a 2 seater that does the sitting or you reverse it for kneeling.  Have had 2 adults and any combination of adults and 2 grandchildren on it with no problem.  I hook it to the one ski tow hook on back of the Sunesta 244.

Great boat.  We loved our 264 Sunesta.  No need to use the transom trailer eyes.  Take a peak below your rear facing seat, and above the swim deck.  There's an attachment point there.  As others have said, don't use the Arch for tubing.  The rope submerging somewhat in sharp turns is normal.  It pops back out.  Enjoy.  

I've used booster ball sometimes when towing tubes that have a tendency to keep tow line submerged in the wake, but prefer not to. Personally though I'd just use the transom tow eye mentioned by Curt above and go with the lightest tow rope you can find.

We've towed 3 person tubes with some heavy people just using standard weight O'Brien tow line that we've been using for more than a few years with no problems. Heavier line just drags in the water which I find annoying.