SeanK

Bow Cooler

I had some standing water in my bow cooler and thought it was plugged.   I took off the side panel and noticed the drain hose to the hull penetration looped about 3” above the drain.   Therefore, until level gets above 3” in cooler, it won’t drain.   Is that the design intent?   If so, why have a plug?   Does that bow cooler actually keep ice?   With no insulation, I can’t imagine drinks staying cold - especially in Southern Louisiana.   Plus, IMO, why add an unnecessary hole in the hull!!!   Anyway, if this is not supposed to be this way, I plan on shortening the hose so it is below the drain, so it drains!

By the way, first time boat owner with a used, mint, 2012 216 SSi.   Love the boat and the great info in this forum.

Different boat but my bow cooler is worthless as a cooler, no insulation either. I use mine to store docking lines.

A good 'What's in your cubby' topic . . . we've never used it as a cooler either.  Or the one under the glove box, or the ones on the swim platform . . . 

I keep my suction cupped handle in mine that I use for swim-around wipe downs. 

On the h2o the built in cooler is in the rear bench. Hardly insulated, so I have a soft sided cooler that fits well in there. As an added benefit, I can load it at home and throw it in the boat when we launch. 

I keep my beach shoes in mine.  :D   The two in my transom have propane bottles for my grill in one, Frisbees and a football in the other. The one in the dash is full of our can koozies.

I use my bow cooler as a empty can cooler. Empty it at the dock.