Larry Metzger

1988 Chaparral Fisherman 204

I recently acquired a 1988 Fisherman 204 and find that the Manufacturer has no technical info on this year and model. I need some details on where everything is located and how to gain access. For example the bilge pumps, fuel tank, etc. Also, the bulkhead (Dam) in front of the transom motor mounting area has been removed, should it be replaced??? Does anyone out there have an actual detailed owner's manual for this boat?? Any and all info will be greatly appreciated, so thanks for helping!

On 6/15/2018 at 3:10 PM, Larry Metzger said:

I recently acquired a 1988 Fisherman 204 and find that the Manufacturer has no technical info on this year and model. I need some details on where everything is located and how to gain access. For example the bilge pumps, fuel tank, etc. Also, the bulkhead (Dam) in front of the transom motor mounting area has been removed, should it be replaced??? Does anyone out there have an actual detailed owner's manual for this boat?? Any and all info will be greatly appreciated, so thanks for helping!

I have 1984 204V Fisherman but I don’t have a diagram. I will be replacing my transom from the inside though and will be able to see what’s underneath once I start cutting things open 

The joys of buying a older boat............... If you or some friends are experienced in all the repair trades.

I would walk into a known good trades man / company with fresh warm doughnuts OPEN THE LID & ask for some free help. It worked almost every time.