Sign in to follow this  
opendieforger

Wanted, Freshwater 276ssx

I have been on a search for a freshwater 276 ssx after selling my 2008 256ssx.....they are next to impossible to find.  I really love the dual seat at the helm and want this boat...badly...any ideas?  I've been looking for about 7 months now.  Thanks. Mike

5 hours ago, Stretch79 said:

Where are you located.  I know Plano Marine has one with a 525 hp merc racing engine in it!!!!

Thanks, Keep looking for me!!   I just cant do the black hull...It looks like bottom paint.  Love that engine though, not to many produced with that.  My 08 256 ssx was white/red...really want blue or taupe

Can you do your private dealings on BoatTrader or somewhere else ... this is boating forum not trading forum. Thanks.

I'm not a dealer or broker.  I just happened to know they had that one because I bought my h2o there.  This is a place to share info, the guy was looking for a specific item and I linked him.  Sorry!!!  

Just FYI ... from the terms we all have agreed to when registering with this forum ... let's keep it non commercial ...

COMMERCIAL POSTING: No selling – even used boats

Chaparral Boats' Forum exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. All posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, Chaparral defines “commercial post” as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity will generally be regarded as “commercial.” Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition, which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, Chaparral reserves, the right to determine whether or not a post violates the “intent” of the “commercial post” policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.

I can honestly say I did NOT read that when I signed up, lol.  I was just trying to help the guy but didnt realize it was against the rules to buy and sell on here.  Learn something everyday.

Personally, I'm fine with someone steering someone in a certain direction.  I can ignore threads/topics as I choose . . . 

15 hours ago, ColdOne said:

Just sent you a PM. PM me back if interested.

Oh no!  Really?  Too bad, bro.  It was nice having another 276er around. 

18 minutes ago, Stretch79 said:

I was just trying to help 

That was a screamer.  Nice colors, too.

30 minutes ago, Futzin' said:

Personally, I'm fine with someone steering someone in a certain direction.  I can ignore threads/topics as I choose . . . 

Exactly how I felt about it.  That's the boat I wanted but was about $40k out of my price range, lol.

54 minutes ago, Futzin' said:

second that,  sharing information on boats not sure this isn't allowed per the definition anyways as nobody here is trying to sell anything directly or indirectly.  Some people need to get a grip here. 

Selective argument ... look at the OP subject and some of the replies ... want to buy and want to sell ads.

I guess I will have to unsubscribe from this "boating" forum to avoid the renewed nonsense, annoying emails and ads ... have enough spam and nonsense coming from other sources.

I just bought a 2014 287SSX (from what I hear the model you want changed names to 287, but is the same boat-maybe I'm wrong about that?). It was freshwater and low hours and a good deal. I too wanted the dual seat so my wife can finally sit by me. It is an awesome boat.

I feel like Webbie does a good job weeding out the threads that cross the buy/sell line. 

20 hours ago, soldier4402 said:

second that,  sharing information on boats not sure this isn't allowed per the definition anyways as nobody here is trying to sell anything directly or indirectly.  Some people need to get a grip here. 

LOL!  Dude, you've been on a roll, ma man!  Lovin' it!

I haven't really participated on this forum like I used to a few years ago because it was hitting the crapper at the speed of sound with all the BS.  Looks like it's finally coming around now.

On 6/27/2018 at 9:25 AM, Richard W said:

Selective argument ... look at the OP subject and some of the replies ... want to buy and want to sell ads.

I guess I will have to unsubscribe from this "boating" forum to avoid annoying emails and ads ... have enough spam coming from other sources.

Richard, As a 3 time Chaparral owner I gotta say I am disappointed in your reaction to my post....So if somebody were to be looking for a Chaparral like yours ( and yours was for sale but no listing on here) would you be opposed to the heads up ?   Didn't think so.  As I stated, I am trying to find a FRESHWATER 276ssx...Its like finding a needle in the haystack.  If my desire to find one has bothered you.....well...I'm sorry....Mike

11 hours ago, opendieforger said:

Richard, As a 3 time Chaparral owner I gotta say I am disappointed in your reaction to my post....So if somebody were to be looking for a Chaparral like yours ( and yours was for sale but no listing on here) would you be opposed to the heads up ?   Didn't think so.  As I stated, I am trying to find a FRESHWATER 276ssx...Its like finding a needle in the haystack.  If my desire to find one has bothered you.....well...I'm sorry....Mike

My friend, this was nothing!  You should've witnessed the pow wow I had with this member who went off on me a couple of years ago with a dispute I was having with another member who was also out of line.  That was like WWIII!  Not sure at the time why he thought the one I was arguing with needed his defense?!?! 

I wouldn't worry about it and just move on.  Good luck with your quest for a FW 276.  I personally love mine and think it's an outstanding boat.

Splashed it the other day and she's tucked into her slip.  Saltwater, though.  It's all we really have around here so...

20180627_130544-jpg.483256

20150824_145542-jpg.483300