nkdenton

Still here.... Checking in

Not dead yet and still have the Chap. Funny how a life event like aging parents and loss of one of them totally changes a pair of boating fanatics to "gee, I hope we can get out more than three times this year." We'll see. Boat's at the dealer getting a new chart plotter installed and replacing a couple of cast aluminum parts that didn't survive the extremely harsh freezes we had last winter in normally mild North Alabama....A normal year used to be on the water by mid-April - hoping to be out by 4th of July this year. But, we dropped the season tix to my alma mater this fall so we'll extend into fall boating for the first time in many years...

Glad to see so many of  the crew still around - Cyclops, especially... Y'all stay safe out there.

KD

'12 246SSi 350MAG/B3

Good to see you, man.

I have a special appreciation for you because you were one of the many who really helped me when I first bought the boat and was a complete newbie to boating and I learned a lot from you, so definitely nice to hear that all is well and sorry for your loss, my friend.  Life certainly has its challenges and I went through a pretty tough last few years with some health issues and stuff.  But here we are! :-)

Great to hear from you, Keith.  I lost my mom last fall; I understand.  Hard to see those that brought us into the world and raise us pass on.  Very sorry for your loss.

Life cycle has its ups and downs ... such is life. I lost both of my parents, and I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Glad to see you back here now and on the water soon ... :)

Sorry for your loss.  Glad to see you're still around!  Hope you have an enjoyable boating season.

Better late than never, Keith. Also, sorry for your loss. Dedicate this boating season to your mom. 

Hey, I lost my mother to Leukemia when I was 11.  Became a man very fast after that.  Lost father back in 2000.  That one was MUCH tougher to deal with as he was my hero and he passed at 70, so it wasn't expected and very difficult to deal with.  It takes time to cope and adjust but eventually, time always heals everything, to a certain extent anyway.