Sign in to follow this  
Toddavid

Random thought: I just don't get this design.

I don't know what is worse, knowing that dirty shoes or that bare feet have been walking all over the table that now is close to my face and has my meal on it. How about some sort of integrated flip top? 

I see this on Formula boats, but I have faith that Chap doesn't do it for the reasons I mention above. Seems like such a short-sighted design on such a high-end boat.

formula_430ssc_062518.jpg

:haha-7383:  That is pretty weird!  

The 337 SSX comes with this "feature".  The 307 SSX does as well, but it's centered between the lounge seats aft of the anchor box.

18 minutes ago, Curt said:

The 337 SSX comes with this "feature".  The 307 SSX does as well, but it's centered between the lounge seats aft of the anchor box.

A table that rises out of the floor? All the photos I've seen of those models show removable, stowable tables on arms. Is it an "option"?

SSX-337-CockpitTable-18.jpg

Sorry, misunderstood your original post.  I thought you were referring to the relative position and similar stepping on/off points.  No, not out of the floor.  But, what one does the others usually try.  It's not a bad idea per se, some kind of automatic table that is, but like you, I don't want my food and drink where feet and... have been.  

Easier to store; harder to stomach!  I agree: no bueno . . . 

Yum, is that a side of seagull crap from the dock to go with my sandwich?

Of all the boat reviews I’ve seen of this feature, no one has ever criticized it for some odd reason. Might as well design the helm seat to double as a toilet. Genius!

12 hours ago, Toddavid said:

l-o-l  Hey, what's a little bird wash amongst friends?  

12 hours ago, Toddavid said:

Of all the boat reviews I’ve seen of this feature, no one has ever criticized it for some odd reason. Might as well design the helm seat to double as a toilet. Genius!

Honestly, I saw this design a while ago on some of the bigger cruisers from Searay and others.  Even automated.  Just push the switch, table comes out the floor.  I thought that was crazy then because of the same reason.

BTW, a simple reason to your point is that maybe they recommend to lay down a cloth before eating. :D

2 hours ago, Hatem said:

BTW, a simple reason to your point is that maybe they recommend to lay down a cloth before eating. :D

That is certain to be the salesperson's response.

Yep. Keep the Lysol wipes handy.  Easy enough fix.  I would prolly wipe it off no matter where it’s stored.  

Where is O S H A, USCG,  CDC,  when we need them ?

Oh well.  :)

The Cobia 277 CC is a solid ride and has the same deal in an electric version. Floor when lowered, filler cushion support at the mid-point, and table when full up. Think of it as a picnic on a blanket, in a bear infested forest. Lysol and a table cloth optional.  W

47 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

The Cobia 277 CC is a solid ride and has the same deal in an electric version. Floor when lowered, filler cushion support at the mid-point, and table when full up. Think of it as a picnic on a blanket, in a bear infested forest. Lysol and a table cloth optional.  W

Yeah but you gotta admit, the below was a great line by TD.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, Toddavid said:

Ahahaaa.