TGauvin22

New to the Lake, New to Me 2012 196SSi

Hey Guys, Just moved down here from MA and got a house on the lake. I found an awesome deal on a one owner 2012 196ssi with only 178 hours, without a trailer unfortunately. Just want to say hello and I will be reading through these pages for more knowledge on the boat and the lake. Cheers, Tim

P.S. any advice for a newb

20180628_103142.jpg

7 hours ago, TGauvin22 said:

Hey Guys, Just moved down here from MA and got a house on the lake. I found an awesome deal on a one owner 2012 196ssi with only 178 hours, without a trailer unfortunately. Just want to say hello and I will be reading through these pages for more knowledge on the boat and the lake. Cheers, Tim

P.S. any advice for a newb

The old famousarooni line: Don't approach the dock faster than you're willing to hit it.

Study the charts for the area you're going to boat and familiarize yourself with the lake as much as possible.  Depth of the water, how often do logs and trees end up in the water, basic seamanship. rules of navigation and safety before everything else.

Why did you want to leave this awesome state of MA?  Hope you're still a Pats fan!

I'm jealous!  A house on LKN is my dream.  We vacation there and love it!  Some day I hope to retire there.  Enjoy!!