Sign in to follow this  
Aj & Lisa

Hello

We just purchased a 2018 H2o 21 ski & fish. First time boat owners. Any suggestions for us newbies? Thanks.

Hi YA,   sounds great  would love to share all I have learned for the last 6 years   cell 602-339-5980  

Welcome to the group.......

Take your time to learn how to handle it around the dock. I still $%^&-up, to day I creamed the dock with the boarding ladder.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, Aj & Lisa said:

We just purchased a 2018 H2o 21 ski & fish. First time boat owners. Any suggestions for us newbies? Thanks.

Welcome and congratulations on the boat purchase.  Those H2Os seem to be pretty popular these days.

I was a newbie in 2014 and joined this forum a couple of days prior to picking up our boat and learned a lot from all the members here, many are very experienced and boy was it helpful. 

The 3 things that were driven into me were:

1) Safety, safety, safety which included the famous line - "never approach the dock faster than you're willing to hit it."

2) Always go out for the first few times with an experienced boater.

3) Take the USGC safety & seamanship course.

The best 3 pieces of advice that worked for me.  Even after you get comfortable, don't take things for granted and always be aware of your surroundings.  Good luck and enjoy your new toy