Sign in to follow this  
Aj & Lisa

Hello

Hi YA,   sounds great  would love to share all I have learned for the last 6 years   cell 602-339-5980  

Welcome to the group.......

Take your time to learn how to handle it around the dock. I still $%^&-up, to day I creamed the dock with the boarding ladder.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, Aj & Lisa said:

We just purchased a 2018 H2o 21 ski & fish. First time boat owners. Any suggestions for us newbies? Thanks.

Welcome and congratulations on the boat purchase.  Those H2Os seem to be pretty popular these days.

I was a newbie in 2014 and joined this forum a couple of days prior to picking up our boat and learned a lot from all the members here, many are very experienced and boy was it helpful. 

The 3 things that were driven into me were:

1) Safety, safety, safety which included the famous line - "never approach the dock faster than you're willing to hit it."

2) Always go out for the first few times with an experienced boater.

3) Take the USGC safety & seamanship course.

The best 3 pieces of advice that worked for me.  Even after you get comfortable, don't take things for granted and always be aware of your surroundings.  Good luck and enjoy your new toy

Chaparral pontoons quality radiates through from bow to stern in the licensed highlights that come standard on Chaparral water crafts, for example, Wide Tech innovation, Digital mist safe checks, Kevlar fortified frames, and self safeguarding cockpits.

The biggest problem is over confidence with more running time. At first I was looking around for other boatsTo hit me. I went out of my way to avoid them.

Now I take my share of the water road.  And a little extra on dangerous PWC.  If no one is with me.  I just detest bullies in anything. They are thin skinned if you drive at them.  Like they just did to me.

I ALWAYS NOW drive with the safety switch snapped around my belt.  Age thing of slow reflexes  & poorer distant eyesight.  To instantly calculate a safe or dangerous course for me and a approaching boat.

Oh well

1 hour ago, cyclops2 said:

The biggest problem is over confidence with more running time. At first I was looking around for other boatsTo hit me. I went out of my way to avoid them.

Now I take my share of the water road.  And a little extra on dangerous PWC.  If no one is with me.  I just detest bullies in anything. They are thin skinned if you drive at them.  Like they just did to me.

I ALWAYS NOW drive with the safety switch snapped around my belt.  Age thing of slow reflexes  & poorer distant eyesight.  To instantly calculate a safe or dangerous course for me and a approaching boat.

Oh well

And a little extra on dangerous PWC     So I pull into Middle River on my way to the River Watch restaurant for a first date with a young woman from the western shore. (well, younger than me anyway). You never know how these things are going to go. As I approach their river branch, there are 4 jet skis zooming around me being as obnoxious as humanly possible, and I could not help but notice that they would do snap turns without looking to see if there was anything in their blind spot.  I dock at River Watch, and notice The Crazy Tuna is having their grand opening, and are renting jet skis as part of their promotion. The total picture is becoming clearer.  I meet my date and after an hour of causal conversation, she agrees to take a short boat ride out to the Chesapeake to view the sunset. Funny how a girl will jump in a boat in a heartbeat, but waits until date #3 or 4 to get in your car. That's another whole story.

While we pull away from the River Watch, the Wet #$^%'s Angles are still at it and I go through them at idle speed so they don't have a wake to attack, and that whole area is a no wake zone on weekends anyway so I typically respect the waterfront property owners as I am in no hurry. We return to the dock at dusk, and the ambulances and fire trucks are lined up in the parking lot. The first question I have for the wait staff is "it's not food poisoning, is it"???  She laughs and says no, there were two jet skis which ran into each other. Victim 1 is in a neck brace, and on a back board. Victim 2 walks buy our table on the way out and I ask "are you alright"? He turns and says yes, and I say to my date (quietly) "Yea, lucky his face broke his fall". Yikes.

Message here? Take the boating course and educate yourself about your ride so that you can get your family, yourself, and your asset out of harms way should things turn ugly. Just because you are dead right in a situation does not make you any less dead. Protect you and yours from others and WATCH THE WEATHER. A little maintenance knowledge will save a vacation, save you hundreds of dollars, and could save a life. Buy the OEM manuals specific to you drive train and read them at least twice.

Oh, how did the date go? I'm engaged as of August the first, but not to her. Ha...   W

Great humor !!  Thank you for pushing aside the  Cabin fever.  :clapsmiley:

Rich

1 hour ago, daniellee said:

2019 244 SUNESTA is a really exclusive boat. I embarked on it with one of my friends. He really rides well. I was inspired to travel on it. I am willing to buy it. 

Lea Dilallo Leather Jacket Topcelebsjackets

You scum-sucking hog! :haha-7383: Go sell your stupid leather jackets somewhere else, you two-bit #$%$&$% #$%&%$.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:53 PM, kathleenswafford said:

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting Smile I love reading and I am always searching for doctor who merchandise informative information like this!

You can join him too, #$%#$.