Hatem

Ever witness a boating accident?

1 hour ago, Hatem said:

I only see 2 things really that are of major concern. 

1) The 2nd, tri-axle trailer is missing the center axle so it's basically a 2-axle trailer carrying all that weight.  But that's not really a huge deal since it's basically carrying that one boat and the weight of that other trailer.  My dual-axle EZ Loader is rater for 8,000lbs and I'm just under that with the 276.  So I don't think there's really an over-weight problem as long as the two trailers are properly hitched to the truck and are mechanically connected together and not just by those two yellow straps. 

2) With a trailer on top of a trailer, the bottom one is really close to the ground and will scrape for sure.  Also the rear trailer is hitched to that middle trailer fairly low and that will scrape and catch going up curbs etc.  Other than that...

I think the only real traffic violation would be the missing center wheels.

That's perfectly fine.  I've actually seen similar setups several times.

The other thing is I believe he's tow vehicle  is a little under powered.  Denny.

In some states

7 hours ago, Curt said:

Wouldn’t the the boat trailers that way + the pickup exceed max. length?

This happened this past October 13th @ 4:00 am just off Tampa Bay.  53 year-old guy and his GF -- who was driving at the time -- slammed into this marker post.  Unfortunately he passed away later at the hospital and she was in critical condition.  Not sure if she survived but if she did, I'm pretty sure she's got a load of guilt to wash off.

Name:  604092018_750x422.jpg Views: 3896 Size:  65.5 KB

Supposedly the marker light was out.  Still, in pitch dark and with a speedboat like that and the result of the bow(s) being embedded into the poles like that can only mean they were flying in that thing.

f24dac2e_c9b1_4553_ad31_2dfd6ae37240_2b4

Boat was a good looking speed racer.  @BajaDriver

GSh7wO.jpg

Let this be a refresher lesson to all of us; BE CAREFUL operating a vacuum or any electrical tools, appliances or fixtures in the bilge.  A boat's worst enemy is what happened to this guy's 50' Viking yesterday in Fort Lauderdale, FL.  Guy is ok, got out after the explosion with just a few small burns and the dog escaped as well.  Look at that crack on the side of the hull from the explosion, ouch.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/man-hurt-after-yacht-catches-fire-in-fort-lauderdale/

b5f94599_e5bd_41a2_8809_780adbc5b684_510

c57ba73a_2a61_49a6_8108_052416154051_a33

Here's the video on this.  21 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn8NGU3_4Vo&feature=youtu.be

Seen many.  One just a couple of years back, that was fatal :(  when a speedboat turtled and came to abrupt stop.  It was about a mile away so not real clear, yet I noticed it speed out of a cove ripping across the water at full throttle with open headers.  When it crashed, I noticed and thought something wasn’t right by the splash and sudden silence.  By the time I pulled in our wakeboarder who had just fell, the boat was gone!  So, I thought I had just lost track of them with the commotion in my own boat.  Latter, I learned that the boat had sunk just that fast.  No survivors, both occupants were knocked out and drowned.  I was sick about this because I thought that they had simply lost a cap and turned around to fish it out and left the area at something less than full throttle.  There were several that noticed and attempted to render aid, but there was nothing to be done.  Boats hull and top-half had completely split apart sinking the boat immediately.

10 hours ago, Duane2135 said:

Seen many.  One just a couple of years back, that was fatal :(  when a speedboat turtled and came to abrupt stop.  It was about a mile away so not real clear, yet I noticed it speed out of a cove ripping across the water at full throttle with open headers.  When it crashed, I noticed and thought something wasn’t right by the splash and sudden silence.  By the time I pulled in our wakeboarder who had just fell, the boat was gone!  So, I thought I had just lost track of them with the commotion in my own boat.  Latter, I learned that the boat had sunk just that fast.  No survivors, both occupants were knocked out and drowned.  I was sick about this because I thought that they had simply lost a cap and turned around to fish it out and left the area at something less than full throttle.  There were several that noticed and attempted to render aid, but there was nothing to be done.  Boats hull and top-half had completely split apart sinking the boat immediately.

Yaay finally someone else other than moi posting a story, and a good one, too.  Good to see you again, Duano.

While watching Miami Airport live cam I looked at the Twitter postings.....check this out!

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1083128910760402949

5 hours ago, SST said:

While watching Miami Airport live cam I looked at the Twitter postings.....check this out!

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1083128910760402949

Great find, SST.  Yeah probably not a good idea to cut off one of those monsters loool.  It looks like he changed his mind at the last second on which inlet he wanted to exit.  If he was off with his timing, not only could he have been run over, he might not have made the jetty, either.  I also noticed that commercial cargo vessel is carrying some kind of cruiser on the top deck.  Looks like a Tiara coupe or something along those lines.  Probably shipping it off to another country. 

Am I the only person that is SHOCKED at the size of the cruise ship ?  Does anyone really believe there are enough life boats to lower with every one in each boat ?   As the ship leans over on 1 side ? 

Thanks for letting me see how they would get 6,700 passengers plus about 800 crew ?  In less than 12 hours. 

Woman & children AFTER wheel chair &  crutches. 

It will make Titanic look like a row boat in a abandon ship.  That height of jumping ?  Severe injuries.   In stormy water ?

Thanks SST & Hatem.  St. Lawrence & the SSI & fish boat seem like room service now. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:48 PM, cyclops2 said:

Am I the only person that is SHOCKED at the size of the cruise ship ?  Does anyone really believe there are enough life boats to lower with every one in each boat ?   As the ship leans over on 1 side ? 

Thanks for letting me see how they would get 6,700 passengers plus about 800 crew ?  In less than 12 hours. 

Woman & children AFTER wheel chair &  crutches. 

It will make Titanic look like a row boat in a abandon ship.  That height of jumping ?  Severe injuries.   In stormy water ?

Thanks SST & Hatem.  St. Lawrence & the SSI & fish boat seem like room service now. 

I was wondering where you saw cruise ships in that link and then saw the Twitter handle main page photo and see what you're talking about.  That one on the far left is almost twice the size as the other two on the right.  It's ridiculous how big those things get and how tippy they appear.  The Costa Concordia is a perfect example of that, although it did take a gash from grounding onto a rock to get water into it and cause it to list.  Looking back at this, I can't believe that coward captain bailed out and was like one of the first people off the ship lmfao!  What an #$%&%$!

Listen to the Italian coast guard in the helicopter rip into him at minute 35:00 and then 35:50 he really goes off lol.

The captain said  "  Follow Me. " 

Stuck on rocks in shallow water ?   I vote a Public stoning to death of him and other crew members who left the ship too soon. People did die ? 

13 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

The captain said  "  Follow Me. " 

Stuck on rocks in shallow water ?   I vote a Public stoning to death of him and other crew members who left the ship too soon. People did die ? 

Yeah Clops, there were 32 deaths in that horrible incident.  It happened in 2012.  That captain was the pure definition of coward.  What a despicable rat.

They're lucky that thing was in shallow water so it could only list and sink up to a certain point before it was grounded and half of it still remained above water.  Had it been out in deeper waters, there probably would've been many more unfortunate deaths.  Unless it had a decently trained crew and an automated bulkhead lockout system, that might've helped save lives.  But this crew didn't appear very well trained for a terrible and unfortunate disaster like this.  How could they be when their captain was a fleeing scum-sucking rat?

It also sat there for a few months before they finally figured out how they were going to salvage her.  The salvage operation itself was fascinating.  Quite the undertaking.  They had to wrap a bunch of straps around the bottom, hooked up to huge, steel ballast tanks that they controlled and filled accordingly to tip it back up, pump the water out of it, brace it to a custom barge and the ballast tanks stayed in place to keep it floating straight and then tow it back to port.

See the source image

See the source image

An interesting video-I feel sorry for the tug boat dragged under by the current generated by the ship.

16 hours ago, SST said:

An interesting video-I feel sorry for the tug boat dragged under by the current generated by the ship.

That was good.  Too bad the one in the thumbnail wasn't in the video itself.  Usually it's a clickbait but that wasn't the case in this video. 

That's pretty crazy when you think about how big that stern thruster must be on that cruiser to push that much water against that tugboat and overwhelm it against the dock.

And the guy in the beginning filming that cruise ship backing into that dock thinking they should hire him to drive the boat lmfao.  You think about us driving our little boats around and that challenge they present, can you imagine captaining a ship that's 1,200ft long with a 125ft beam loool.  Trying docking that sucker. :D 

The first one in that video is The Oasis of the Seas which is the largest of them all.

- 360 m (1,181 ft) LOA

- The tonnage is 225,282 GT (gross tonnage).

- The beam measures 47 m (154 ft) and the height is 72 m (236 ft). The draught of the Oasis of the Seas has been measured at 9.3 m (31 ft). The depth is 22.55 m (74 ft).

Cruise-Ship.jpg 

Compared to the Titanic.

See the source image

18 hours ago, SST said:

Unreal video. Never seen anything like that. Scary stuff.