Sign in to follow this  
Challenger604

Bought a second home

Well I have done something I’ve been wanting to do for 7 years.  Bought a home in St Pete Florida. Living in IL the winters are incredibly depressing. Long, windy and cold. My wife and I now have a place to go to as a retreat to thaw out. We will see what the future holds. Might do a little rental with it but we will see. 

I have friends with homes there, you'll love it.....

ps; they dont boat there to many things with Big teeth. B) fresh or salt.

If you like being brown with no clothes on ?  You will be happy.  Enjoy    :)

We were buying live bait shrimp for fishing. Ate all the unused ones for dinner.

Life is good down there in the winter. When it is cool enough in Jacksonville.

On 7/1/2018 at 8:56 PM, Challenger604 said:

Well I have done something I’ve been wanting to do for 7 years.  Bought a home in St Pete Florida. Living in IL the winters are incredibly depressing. Long, windy and cold. My wife and I now have a place to go to as a retreat to thaw out. We will see what the future holds. Might do a little rental with it but we will see. 

We are right behind you. Port Charlotte is calling our name. Rented a place for a month in Cape Coral starting mid November so we can do some neighborhood shopping. W

It is surreal for us. Going to rent it out a little until I retire. We have a jet ski that will spend it’s winter here. Illinois is depressing in the summer and incredibly depressing in the winter. 

Thanks for the comments. It’s nervous doing this but once it’s said and done it will be fine. 

On 7/4/2018 at 8:53 AM, Wingnut said:

We are right behind you. Port Charlotte is calling our name. Rented a place for a month in Cape Coral starting mid November so we can do some neighborhood shopping. W

Congratulations on being able to do that. You will love it. 

9 minutes ago, Challenger604 said:

It is surreal for us. Going to rent it out a little until I retire. We have a jet ski that will spend it’s winter here. Illinois is depressing in the summer and incredibly depressing in the winter. 

Thanks for the comments. It’s nervous doing this but once it’s said and done it will be fine. 

Maybe you rent to us. Ha...  We are going to spend a season or two neighborhood shopping.   W

4 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Maybe you rent to us. Ha...  We are going to spend a season or two neighborhood shopping.   W

That’s a possibility. It’s mins from the boat ramp and beach. Has a big fenced in backyard with a double gate to drive a boat through. 

Keep in touch.