Hi All,

I have a 2003 Sunesta  243 , I am looking to install the Sea Deck product but they don't have the templet for my model on file and I don't have access to boat to make templets . I know my boat has same exact floor plan as another model ….. it cross-references so to speak but I can't for the life of me remember the model  ??? Anyone know what it is plz ?? Thanks very much !! 

For the amount of what Sea Dek cost or even if you go with another company.  Your better off waiting til you have access to your boat to make a template and get it made to fit exactly to your boat.  

Even with the templates that Sea Dek may have on file, they send you a drawing of what it looks like with dimensions and measurement for you to review before you place the order on the actual product.

Not to rain on your parade but I would wait until you have your boat on hand and template it. There could be some slight variations between the models that might make you regret not patterning it exactly from your boat.

Don't know what level of perfection you are looking for but I priced the SeaDek pieces for my swim platform and it was $5-600.  The material (5 mm) was available in a 1 meter by 2 meter sheet for $160 so I made my own templates and cut out the sections with a razor knife held at a 45.  It's not perfect like the CNC router cut they use but I'm satisfied.  And I had enough left over to add several areas leading into the cockpit.

IMG_0831.JPG

Ordered thru Amazon.  Anglers Storehouse was the vendor.  $152.50 for the 5 mm (single color type)  I ordered desert camo but rec'd snow camo which I like better.  Figured it would not show shoe marks like a tan or light grey.

It looks just as good as factory cut from the photo.

243 is same as a 254. I know they have that pattern, had it on my old boat. Ask them to send you template for a 254.

That's it ….I knew there was one. Thanks Todd !! And thanks for everyone else's comments and suggestions.   

11 hours ago, Mod51Geezer said:

Ordered thru Amazon.  Anglers Storehouse was the vendor.  $152.50 for the 5 mm (single color type)  I ordered desert camo but rec'd snow camo which I like better.  Figured it would not show shoe marks like a tan or light grey.

Thank you, I think the snow camo would be better for me also.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:13 PM, Mod51Geezer said:

Don't know what level of perfection you are looking for but I priced the SeaDek pieces for my swim platform and it was $5-600.  The material (5 mm) was available in a 1 meter by 2 meter sheet for $160 so I made my own templates and cut out the sections with a razor knife held at a 45.  It's not perfect like the CNC router cut they use but I'm satisfied.  And I had enough left over to add several areas leading into the cockpit.

IMG_0831.JPG

Well, I'll tell you what, it sure does look like a CNC cut to me!  Beautiful job.  :tup:

If you were able to cut it with a razor knife, I'm guessing you can probably sand the edges really smooth, even with an orbital sander and take out any cut imperfections or irregularities. 

•  

I purchased that very model from Sea Deck 5 - 6 years ago..  Fit perfect.

They most certainly have it on file...

that looks awesome, great job! what type of chemical or cleaner did you use to clean the surface before you applied the adhesive material?

I am in the process of finishing this up on my 19 H2O, turning out well. I had called Gatorstep and SeaDek and they both told me on the phone, no templates for my boat in stock, although others on here say they have been available. But I know what they told me. So doing it myself. Its hard to make some of those cuts by holding the knife at that 45 deg angle though. The 1 meter by 2 meter sheet I bought was enough to do my rear swim platform, (not an extended platform) entry into the boat from the platform, and the piece on the bow. Used the snow camo also so it matches my carpet somewhat. If I have enough, i'll put some strips or something under the front middle removable seat cushion. Thanks all for the advice and tips. If I hadnt read this, I would have just made 90 deg cuts, the 45 deg cuts are more professional looking.

I was able to get my boat templated, the guy was extremely helpful and actually came to me to get it done!! Picking colors and pattern next, I will include photos when done....