Jomace

vhf marine radio

How do I find out my boats MMSI ? my VHF radio will not transmit  any DSC calls ( I don't know what DSC is) until it is entered and I have no clue. Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Once you have your MMSI, you have to program it into your radio.

On 7/4/2018 at 9:24 AM, OCMD2 said:

Once you have your MMSI, you have to program it into your radio.

I got the number but I am not sure how to program it.  I cant seem to find out how. 

1 hour ago, Jomace said:

I got the number but I am not sure how to program it.  I cant seem to find out how.  

What is the make and model of your radio?  Did you RTM?

Yeah, just Google the manual for your radio and it will tell you how to do it.  They're all different, so the manual helps.

Just now, Jomace said:

Standard Horizon Explorer

20180426_155748.jpg

press menu and work through the options.  That's the radio I have and it's very easy once you find the menu.

46 minutes ago, Jomace said:

Not sure what RTM is.  I will google the manual.

Did you buy the radio or was it already in the boat but missing the manual?  If you bought it, the manual should've came with the radio.  If not then yeah, you'll have to google it.

I have the same one also and it's pretty easy to follow once you enter the MMSI # and then follow the menu directions on the radio itself.  Let us know if you can't find the manual and still need info from it.  I think I still have mine somewhere.

49 minutes ago, Hatem said:

Did you buy the radio or was it already in the boat but missing the manual?  If you bought it, the manual should've came with the radio.  If not then yeah, you'll have to google it.

I have the same one also and it's pretty easy to follow once you enter the MMSI # and then follow the menu directions on the radio itself.  Let us know if you can't find the manual and still need info from it.  I think I still have mine somewhere.

It was already on the boat, I think I found the manual. I will give a try later today, and let you guys know. 

8 hours ago, Jomace said:

Not sure what RTM is.  I will google the manual.

RTM = Read the Manual

Variant: RTFM

20 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

What does RTFM mean ?

People are most likely not replying to you because they think you're playing dumb for some silly reason since everyone and their mother knows what the most common word in the entire galactic quadrant that begins with F is..........usually followed by "you" in most cases.  Much more common than "Father" or the way things are going these days and the clown-in-chief's favorite word "FAKE" almost exclusively followed by "news" and even more common and popular than another of today's generation favorites in FAIL! :dancinguy: