Sign in to follow this  
Futzin'

Norris Lake, TN Trip

We leave in the morning for our annual Norris Lake trip.  Four families, 17 people this year.  Beautiful lake.  My Chap, a Bryant, an Axis and a Mastercraft (purchased today).

Wish me fun!  Hope everyone is having a great summer so far enjoying their boats, families and friends.

P1010978.JPG.39a767fe13f9a2c20f0d28a358df8304.JPG

The girls after their annual slalom run behind my boat.  They have a different theme each year, but the tutus didn't work out for this run!  Too much drag. 

Have fun and be safe.  

That water in the pic super clear!  Just how I like it.  Unfortunately, Cheat Lake, WV rarely looks like that. 

Our Last night in LOTO, great week.:(

Have a smoooth one. 

If by chance you see a guy with a red boat on a Hydroplane ski, tell him "Fooooooooooood" says hello. He'll know. 

On a somber note the 2006 Interstates dead this week, Can't complain on the cost of the new set though.:drinkinBuddies:

:boating:

Safe travels, Matt.  Hope you've enjoyed the Magic Dragon.

A few pics taken during our trip:

interesting rock formations:

y4mV_MDb7AIDo4Fo24WxhRcySevev9SDPV_LZ2hY

The other boats in our group:

y4m4zdwVP3z9kvQPtUU49Pu2hOHZq27cv-5E7Hat

The girls wisely decided to use the 450 hp Axis A24 for their run this year:

y4mJTS5j27x8oH54-Yk55Pr1368uE8_9ROAz6arT

A beautiful cruise back to the house at twilight on a fitful evening:

y4mxnOplKHbP8PJ1G1CwZBNtB68ZVykfH6szt8Mq

We pulled six wakeboarders behind my 220 this year.  I'll have to get pics from someone else in our party, I was on the end of a rope at the time!

Wow, pics!  A rarity on this forum these days.  Very nice.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, Futzin' said:

P1010978.JPG.39a767fe13f9a2c20f0d28a358df8304.JPG

The girls after their annual slalom run behind my boat.  They have a different theme each year, but the tutus didn't work out for this run!  Too much drag. 

Some good genes there, from Mom's side no doubt.

Imagine the relief....for them, that is. :lol:

Beautiful spot, though.  Are you filming all that skiing and landscape with a drone?  Seems like the perfect thing to do with a Mavic Pro and the follow me feature.

No drone for me.  Most taken by me from helm (can't get the admiral to take any) with an old school Panasonic Lumix DMC ZR3.  Still works just fine for me.  I did recently get a GoPro Hero 5 which I'm still getting familiar with.  I'm technologically challenged!

y4mY-Rln57VkT8cfLIU0uOSPEEKFm3-5OKLbVXOX

26 minutes ago, Futzin' said:

No drone for me.  Most taken by me from helm (can't get the admiral to take any) with an old school Panasonic Lumix DMC ZR3.  Still works just fine for me.  I did recently get a GoPro Hero 5 which I'm still getting familiar with.  I'm technologically challenged!

y4mY-Rln57VkT8cfLIU0uOSPEEKFm3-5OKLbVXOX

I hear ya.  That antique does take some nice pics, though.

Had advice from a photog friend at the time to worry more about lens quality than megapixels.  I'd heard of Leica . . . :D

1 hour ago, Futzin' said:

Had advice from a photog friend at the time to worry more about lens quality than megapixels.  I'd heard of Leica . . . :D

I know that was you wiping out off that left paddle board don't lie now! lol  Or was it Cyclops? 

complete with rainbow, morning ski run; a daily occurrence before breakfast to get the smooth water:

y4mpzt5K4o5zturWEhp_1zBnze8ODfJ383h9pq5T

My SiL was determined to ski with each of us, 16 people.  She got everyone but 2.

5 hours ago, Futzin' said:

Not me!  (that time)

lol.  I admit I've never tried one of those things but I bet you I'd master it first time out! :D 

5 hours ago, Futzin' said:

My boat, this one I think taken with a GoPro from someone in our group:

y4mgdCu9Anu8gOTQHHpuRKRKZIQjUUc4RZDfcqQA

That is an incredible picture.

4 hours ago, Futzin' said:

My SiL was determined to ski with each of us, 16 people.  She got everyone but 2.

A seasoned pro.  That water looks amazing.  What's the water temp?

3 minutes ago, Hatem said:

A seasoned pro.  That water looks amazing.  What's the water temp?

Upper 80s, perfect!

I put my GoPro on a floatie, set it on burst mode and tucked it into my PFD.  Got lots of pics of my hands!  Got to ski with the Admiral, she's over there somewhere . . . 

y4mIQzfQHnTeVmEFWSs1IgQdBVUbUmbQ8Xlav3QW

Thanks.  We love to ski, wakeboard and surf but skiing is most popular with us overall.  Sometimes the occasional kneeboard for old times sake.  Not even one tube was inflated this year.  We love to come up with NBDs (Never Been Done) for our multiples.  It's getting tougher to come up with them. We're considering a blind draw of names/apparatus/boat.  Need to get my hands on the pics of the six wakeboarders behind my boat.  That was fun.  It was all the boards we had with us.  Lake traffic sometimes stops, watches and honks at us during our mischief.

I enjoyed skiing with my sister.  It was a nice moment for us.  I'm 50, she's twelve years older (she wouldn't want me to give her age!).  She and my father taught me to ski when I was 8 yrs old behind my grandparents pontoon.  I still remember it well.  We're both lake rats and I'd just as soon be at the lake than anywhere.

1 hour ago, Futzin' said:

Upper 80s, perfect!

Chinga!  Stop rubbing it in!

53 minutes ago, Futzin' said:

I'm 50, she's twelve years older (she wouldn't want me to give her age!).

L-O-L!  You threw me for a bit of a loop there, then I got it lol.

People used to post a lot more threads like this of their outings and it's always fun to see what others are doing.  Now it's mostly repair dilemmas and issues and unhappy boat buyers.  You're one of the very few who still posts pics like these.  I remember a thread a few years ago you posted all sorts of different boats on a lake including a couple really cool mahogany Chris Crafts and a few Chaps. Keep it up. 

Great pics it’s always fun to see family and friends enjoying the great things that come from boating. And it’s good to see some one on the ski , I have to agree with chap243 it is becoming a lost art! Looks like a awesome time. All very nice boats in your pictures. 

Sounds like pretty much a perfect vacation to me.  I wish I knew that many people that enjoyed boating, let alone owned a boat as well.  

Cant wait to teach my kids to slalom (will be a few years, 2 yrs and 3 months) but I’m sure ill have to learn surfing st some point. 

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!

Also, Lake Norris is on my bucket list.  But at 8+ hrs it may be a while before I actually make it.