e-Xtreme

Rudeness on the lake -- How to handle it?

15 hours ago, Hatem said:

That's not true.  That's some pretty crappy wisdom from an old guy who's supposed to have the opposite kind of advice.  You know, the stuff people call GOOD ADVICE? 

So according to your wisdom, if the OP asked the pair of couples politely to lower the music and they did, he would've failed? 

That's the way it is nowadays and we have to deal with it, whether we like it or not.  Kinda like the Yuppies who replaced the Hippies (you remember that, right?) and now guess who it is?  Yep, it's the Millenials.   

Add crappy advice to the crappy wisdom, my goodness.  Personally, I enjoy looking at other pics and cool gimmicks people add or have to their boats.  Never force anyone else to look at them.  That's what makes a forum interesting and worthy.  Put it this way, it's a heck of a lot better than watching 9 out of the 10 consecutive topics posted that are nothing but "help, overheat alarm going off" or "tickle sensor pump tube crack blah blah bah" which is fine, but no one is complaining about the terrific and cumulative boredom of those threads since we all want to help people as well.  But to knock the others for their preferences just sucks IMO. 

Sorry, but more like a bleak and depressing view, Denny.  Sheesh.

Dammmned right.  Fascinating.  Another old man with the diametrically opposed view.  Gotta love it.

Wow... 

Had the same situation happen to us this a weekend or so ago out at our lake.  15 boats all beached up, kids playing on the beach, adults floating and relaxing listening to my stereo at tolerable levels.  Playing a mix of George Strait, the Killers, etc.  Some D bag in a wake boat pulls up about 3 boats away from us, turns on mumble rap as loud as he can...this next part is the best part.  They then proceed to get off their boat and walk down to the other end of the beach, not even behind their boat.  Like literally the opposite end of the line of boats.  Little did he know that my 7 year old hates mumble rap and he went on to their boat without them on it and turned off their stereo, without me telling him to.  When they came back some hour later they had a strange look on their faces, and my 7 year old just waved to them and smiled.  

used to be jet skis well still is but now that crowd has moved onto wake boats.  With that said theres always the guy that wants tube through a bunch of parked boats or the guy that wants to anchor and fish in the middle of the channel at noon on fourth of july.  Something that will never be won by anybody.  At times its just best to move on.

On 7/8/2018 at 8:24 AM, brick said:

Simple. Get an even bigger sound system and play Barry Manilow...

brick

We have played the music to Barney!

2 hours ago, soldier4402 said:

or the guy that wants to anchor and fish in the middle of the channel at noon on fourth of july.  Something that will never be won by anybody.  At times its just best to move on.

Oh man, the fishing in the middle of the no restrictions channel just kills me.  There's a spot where no sane person would anchor and fish on our lake but there is always someone there fishing in a Tracker.  I slow to make biggest possible wake as does everyone else but they are unmoved buy the obvious sentiment.  Our lake has a sort of have's and have not situation of the legacy property owners who don't have money but are either old or inherited their places but can afford the expensive equipment to go with them on the lake and the newer and much younger property owners who have money to burn....the legacies fish in their crappy 80's and 90's beaters and complain about all of the surf boats making waves and having fun.  I'm sure it's the same everywhere.  Waverunners are everywhere and mostly being driven by teens with maybe 1/3 being driven by adults.  Luckily the PWC's are moving over to the ultra low end and slow Sea Doo sparks.  

A friend suggested using our ballast bag portable pump and spraying them down.  Gotta love a water cannon fight, right?

40 minutes ago, Chaparral Rider said:

Oh man, the fishing in the middle of the no restrictions channel just kills me.  There's a spot where no sane person would anchor and fish on our lake but there is always someone there fishing in a Tracker.  I slow to make biggest possible wake as does everyone else but they are unmoved buy the obvious sentiment.  Our lake has a sort of have's and have not situation of the legacy property owners who don't have money but are either old or inherited their places but can afford the expensive equipment to go with them on the lake and the newer and much younger property owners who have money to burn....the legacies fish in their crappy 80's and 90's beaters and complain about all of the surf boats making waves and having fun.  I'm sure it's the same everywhere.  Waverunners are everywhere and mostly being driven by teens with maybe 1/3 being driven by adults.  Luckily the PWC's are moving over to the ultra low end and slow Sea Doo sparks.  

never fails in the narrows on the st Lawrence theres kayaks, canoes, ferries its just a mess.  Everybody has their right to the water like anybody else.  Somethings are illegal and some still  do it, some things are just in illogical or rude and some still do it.  But just like the road everybody has to share and play nice. 

20 hours ago, The Great Escape II said:

We have played the music to Barney!

:)

brick

18 hours ago, Chaparral Rider said:

I'm sure it's the same everywhere. 

So that kinda thing doesn't just happen around here?  lol, 

I particularly love this line here:

19 hours ago, Chaparral Rider said:

the legacies fish in their crappy 80's and 90's beaters and complain about all of the surf boats making waves and having fun.

LOL!  Classic.

21 hours ago, soldier4402 said:

used to be jet skis well still is but now that crowd has moved onto wake boats.  With that said theres always the guy that wants tube through a bunch of parked boats or the guy that wants to anchor and fish in the middle of the channel at noon on fourth of july.  Something that will never be won by anybody.  At times its just best to move on.

The guys fishing in the middle of the channels though, hahaha so true.  And there's probably a lot more guys fishing in the ocean than lakes I would guess.  I actually slow down to be courteous to them so they don't get a huge wake and also try to find which way they're casted so I don't rip through their line.  The last time I had fishing line wrapped around the duoprops was not fun to deal with.  Most are cool and will waive hello and thanks but the occasional 80's 90's legacy looool will send out that impending doom stare like hooow daaaare yooouuuu boat throuuuugh my aaaareeaaa?

22 hours ago, Cycleman07 said:

Some D bag in a wake boat pulls up about 3 boats away from us, turns on mumble rap as loud as he can...

Ahahaa.  I can tolerate a bit of hip hop or R&B or whatever it's called these days, but that Ganzta Rap bull@#$%@#, can't stand it.  That's when you get those little, orangy, foamy ear plugs and stick 'em in the kids ears and put Priest on and fire back, crank it up all the way.  Some Painkiller.