Jump to content
MoeJoe517

Replacement LED Arch Lights

Recommended Posts

I am looking for some recommendations and/or experience with replacement light options for the Arch Lights.  I have a 276SSX.  I recently replaced all the courtesy lights with blue LEDs and would like to have the option to easily go from white to blue on the arch lights.  I am looking at Lum-Tech but was hoping someone had experience with them or another recommended brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at Super Bright LED.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks....I just placed an order.  I found some that I do not have to change the fixture and switch from blue to white.  Thanks for the reference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Iggy said:

Look at Super Bright LED.com

I also checked this Super Bright LED, according to reviews this is a good LED product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MoeJoe517 said:

I am looking for some recommendations and/or experience with replacement light options for the Arch Lights.  I have a 276SSX.  I recently replaced all the courtesy lights with blue LEDs and would like to have the option to easily go from white to blue on the arch lights.  I am looking at Lum-Tech but was hoping someone had experience with them or another recommended brand.

I just installed the Lunitec Mirage lights in my arch.  Love them!  You can dim the white to make it soft or bright, or you can switch between red and blue.  Great lights!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TexasPilot71 said:

I just installed the Lunitec Mirage lights in my arch.  Love them!  You can dim the white to make it soft or bright, or you can switch between red and blue.  Great lights!

Funny that's exactly what I was saying on the night of the 4th sitting in the boat at the marina waiting for the fireworks and having the floor, courtesy lights on and I thought wouldn't it be nice to have the arch lights in red, white and blue since I had seen them elsewhere.  But having the option to dim them is like frosting on the cake.  I'm guessing you needed to change the switch for the dimmable feature, TP?

13 hours ago, MoeJoe517 said:

Thanks....I just placed an order.  I found some that I do not have to change the fixture and switch from blue to white.  Thanks for the reference

Keep us posted.  I'm interested in seeing how you make out since we have the same boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hatem said:

Funny that's exactly what I was saying on the night of the 4th sitting in the boat at the marina waiting for the fireworks and having the floor, courtesy lights on and I thought wouldn't it be nice to have the arch lights in red, white and blue since I had seen them elsewhere.  But having the option to dim them is like frosting on the cake.  I'm guessing you needed to change the swith for the dimmable feature, TP?

No, actually Lumitec lights have a Timed Toggle Protocol (TTP) which allows you to use the on/off switch to change colors and even dim certain colors.  See this video for a demonstration.  Works REALLY well!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year, i got the red/white switchable led replacement bulbs for my arch from  superbrightleds.  Works great.  Didnt have to replace fixture or switches.

By far, blue leds are much more popular at my dock than red.  But they attract far more bugs at night than red, which hardly attract any here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TexasPilot71 said:

No, actually Lumitec lights have a Timed Toggle Protocol (TTP) which allows you to use the on/off switch to change colors and even dim certain colors.  See this video for a demonstration.  Works REALLY well!

 

 

That's great.  Nothing like a lesson on a TTP by the TP himself! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gr8lakes said:

Last year, i got the red/white switchable led replacement bulbs for my arch from  superbrightleds.  Works great.  Didnt have to replace fixture or switches.

By far, blue leds are much more popular at my dock than red.  But they attract far more bugs at night than red, which hardly attract any here.

I really like that company and have bought lots of LEDs from them.  Never thought to look there for arch lights, but these Luumitec lights are pretty awesome.  The ones that were in the boat were mismatched and VERY cheaply done.  Looked horrible up close.  These are stellar in comparison.  I haven't tried the red at night yet.  Hope they attract less bugs here in Texas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, Hatem said:

Funny that's exactly what I was saying on the night of the 4th sitting in the boat at the marina waiting for the fireworks and having the floor, courtesy lights on and I thought wouldn't it be nice to have the arch lights in red, white and blue since I had seen them elsewhere.  But having the option to dim them is like frosting on the cake.  I'm guessing you needed to change the switch for the dimmable feature, TP?

Keep us posted.  I'm interested in seeing how you make out since we have the same boat.

Will do....Bulbs arrived today...I am swapping them out this weekend.  I'll post some pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, TexasPilot71 said:

I really like that company and have bought lots of LEDs from them.  Never thought to look there for arch lights, but these Luumitec lights are pretty awesome.  The ones that were in the boat were mismatched and VERY cheaply done.  Looked horrible up close.  These are stellar in comparison.  I haven't tried the red at night yet.  Hope they attract less bugs here in Texas!

So you actually changed the entire light fixtures and not just the bulbs, TP?  The ones I have don't look bad actually, it's just that the bulbs are only white and they're actually very bright.  So the dimmable option would work very nicely.

10 hours ago, MoeJoe517 said:

Will do....Bulbs arrived today...I am swapping them out this weekend.  I'll post some pics

Excellent.  Always love the anticipation of goodies coming in a package on the front porch! :) Definitely post some pics.  I do believe the overwhelming majority of members enjoy seeing pics of cool shtuff added to boats, despite the occasional few who actually see that as a bad thing.  Could never figure out that silliness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hatem said:

So you actually changed the entire light fixtures and not just the bulbs, TP?  The ones I have don't look bad actually, it's just that the bulbs are only white and they're actually very bright.  So the dimmable option would work very nicely.

Yes, I changed the whole fixture.  Boat had fixtures in the arch, but very cheap LED bulbs.  One had three bulbs, the other had two bulbs of a different style.  I should have taken pictures of them, but they were very amateurishly done.  I actually purchased the new fixtures without the larger fairing, so they didn't fit.  So I modified the existing fairings and busted out the glass in the fairing so the new light would seat properly.  I should have purchased the ones with the white fairing, but didn't realize my mistake until after I installed the lights.  I would have at least had the old fairings if I ever wanted to do something different (unlikely) or if somebody else needed one due to breakage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 6:45 AM, Hatem said:

So you actually changed the entire light fixtures and not just the bulbs, TP?  The ones I have don't look bad actually, it's just that the bulbs are only white and they're actually very bright.  So the dimmable option would work very nicely.

Excellent.  Always love the anticipation of goodies coming in a package on the front porch! :) Definitely post some pics.  I do believe the overwhelming majority of members enjoy seeing pics of cool shtuff added to boats, despite the occasional few who actually see that as a bad thing.  Could never figure out that silliness. 

Installed Saturday morning and I couldn't be happier.  It was a simple install...plug and play....the bulbs fit perfect.  This was a pic after dinner at one of the lake restaurants.  The red is not from my boat...it was from the restaurant dock.  My son and his buddies chillin' and listening to music.  I can flip from Blue to White through the existing switch.  I've done a ton of research and was about to pull the trigger on Luumitec but took the recommendation from a member "Iggy" who pointed me to Superbrightled.com.  I have no doubt that I would have loved Luumitec but for 10 per light, it was hard not to give it a try.

IMG_2251.JPG

276ChapLEDLights.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoeJoe517 said:

Installed Saturday morning and I couldn't be happier.  It was a simple install...plug and play....the bulbs fit perfect.  This was a pic after dinner at one of the lake restaurants.  The red is not from my boat...it was from the restaurant dock.  My son and his buddies chillin' and listening to music.  I can flip from Blue to White through the existing switch.

What the heck are your kids doing in my boat, man?!  And who changed the name?!  The nerve of some people I tell ya. :D

Outstanding!  Another one manning up and coming through with pics just as promised, love it.  I'm sold now.

1 hour ago, MoeJoe517 said:

I've done a ton of research and was about to pull the trigger on Luumitec but took the recommendation from a member "Iggy" who pointed me to Superbrightled.com. 

Yeah, usually a big mistake but I guess you lucked out this time, my friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gr8lakes said:

Sharp looking boat

Thanks....we are enjoying it very much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks great!

I've had good luck with marinebeam.com, if you're looking for another source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I have a 2008 276 ssx  

Led replacement bulb

does anyone know what bulbs are in the radar arch?

what bulbs are in the courtesy lights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 10:45 PM, MoeJoe517 said:

Installed Saturday morning and I couldn't be happier.  It was a simple install...plug and play....the bulbs fit perfect.  This was a pic after dinner at one of the lake restaurants.  The red is not from my boat...it was from the restaurant dock.  My son and his buddies chillin' and listening to music.  I can flip from Blue to White through the existing switch.  I've done a ton of research and was about to pull the trigger on Luumitec but took the recommendation from a member "Iggy" who pointed me to Superbrightled.com.  I have no doubt that I would have loved Luumitec but for 10 per light, it was hard not to give it a try.

IMG_2251.JPG

276ChapLEDLights.jpg

Hey Moe Joe, I have a 275 SSi where I want to do exactly the same thing that you just did - how did you get the bulbs out ?  Mine is an '07, and it appears that the lights are sealed ? Just 1 more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Just 1 more said:

Hey Moe Joe, I have a 275 SSi where I want to do exactly the same thing that you just did - how did you get the bulbs out ?  Mine is an '07, and it appears that the lights are sealed ? Just 1 more.

They are usually spring loaded so might look like it's sealed, but if you get your fingernails or something plastic under the lip and pry, they should pull down against the spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On mine, it appeared to me the lights were sealed as well so I took out the 3 screws and pulled the whole fixture out.  Once out I realized the light cover screws off :-)

They feel tight but they do screw out.  I looked up the specs on your boat and it looks identical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Just 1 more said:

Hey Moe Joe, I have a 275 SSi where I want to do exactly the same thing that you just did - how did you get the bulbs out ?  Mine is an '07, and it appears that the lights are sealed ? Just 1 more.

On mine, it appeared to me the lights were sealed as well so I took out the 3 screws and pulled the whole fixture out.  Once out I realized the light cover screws off :-)

They feel tight but they do screw out.  I looked up the specs on your boat and it looks identical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×