bomboy

CRAParral Never buy!

If you SAY you paid $500 for something that is normally worth $5,000 and you actually paid $5k for it you will likely get a love note from the state asking for proof.  If you can’t prove what you really paid and/or give a reason with proof (salvage title, smashed up etc...) you may likely find yourself on the hook.  Lying is fraud.  

I know when I pay my sales tax online, I have to click boxes that states I am being honest and truthful otherwise warned that I am breaking the law.

Your insurance company will allow you to state any value you want, but even they will only pay you what it’s worth.  

You can insure anything, but you can’t insure a sheet of paper, state value at 10K, have it stolen and get 10k for it....you will get three pennies.

That is what I use on everything. I want the coverage I want. I will pay for it.  Companies exist .

On 7/10/2018 at 2:52 PM, JPFunk said:

It is a bit suspicious that someone would come into a Chaparral Owners Forum(indicating that we have already purchased said brand), and throw a hand grenade.  Three week turnaround on a repair in the middle of the season seems pretty reasonable to me.

3 week turnaround is absurd for those repairs. The boating industry absolutely got us brainwashed on what we should expect as normal.

The last time my car was 3 weeks in the shop, they paid two months of my loan out. And the auto industry has pathetic margins compared to the boating folks.

In South Florida I see boat mechanics with such low skill set that they should not be working in lawnmowers, and yet they charge an absurd hourly rate.

We should perhaps have a strong Boat Owners Association that brings incompetency to court until they are bankrupt, working for boat owners, not the boating industry.

14 hours ago, WaterDR said:

If you SAY you paid $500 for something that is normally worth $5,000 and you actually paid $5k for it you will likely get a love note from the state asking for proof.  If you can’t prove what you really paid and/or give a reason with proof (salvage title, smashed up etc...) you may likely find yourself on the hook.  Lying is fraud.  

I know when I pay my sales tax online, I have to click boxes that states I am being honest and truthful otherwise warned that I am breaking the law.

Your insurance company will allow you to state any value you want, but even they will only pay you what it’s worth.  

You can insure anything, but you can’t insure a sheet of paper, state value at 10K, have it stolen and get 10k for it....you will get three pennies.

you are making to much of it.  Theres also agreed value on certain items which they will pay you what you say its worth. 

10 hours ago, jetkit said:

3 week turnaround is absurd for those repairs. The boating industry absolutely got us brainwashed on what we should expect as normal.

The last time my car was 3 weeks in the shop, they paid two months of my loan out. And the auto industry has pathetic margins compared to the boating folks.

In South Florida I see boat mechanics with such low skill set that they should not be working in lawnmowers, and yet they charge an absurd hourly rate.

We should perhaps have a strong Boat Owners Association that brings incompetency to court until they are bankrupt, working for boat owners, not the boating industry.

Curios, what is the going hourly rate in South Florida?  We are $130 to $150ish.

I would not have put up with this.  Would be in my dealers face on a REGULAR BASIS asking for details on all the fixes and what parts are taking so long, etc. etc.  I DO expect a newly purchased boat to be defect free.  I do ask for on the lake drives before taking delivery.  Any dealer worth their salt would bend over backwards to make sure EVERYTHING is working.  I guess that's what I don't really get in this whole thread.  Keeping an existing customer happy is the easiest way to get repeat business.  Losing a customer to issues like the OP has is really bad - it's the sign of a dying business.

I hope the OP get's his boat working perfectly - I would not expect anything less than that.  The problems I've had with my 2 SSI purchases were all self inflicted.  When I go to the lake I don't see many (if any) boats I'd rather have than the Chap SSI.  Cobalt may be the only other boat I would consider for bow rider.