Sign in to follow this  
terrapinjam99

Faria Depth gauge has red lights ??

My depth gauge  has red lights on ( below and above the digital LCD numeric readout ) on my Faria Depth Gauge .    The manual for this gauge (that came with the boat) says NOTHING about these red lights .  I am not violating either of my set depth limits ( upper or lower ) .  Looking for any info.  I have turned the gauge off and on - red lights still on .   Red lights are on at a stand still and when going any speed .  Thanks for any input .     2018  H20  21  Sport   22 hours 

I believe they are just backlights for the up/down buttons and the on/off button.

I think mine was installed upside down though because there are 2 lights on the bottom behind the one on/off button and 1 light on top right between the 2 up/down buttons 

I have the same boat as you but 2017

Thank You .   Yeah , I sure thought that there would be mention on this in the depth gauge's  manual .  Actually , I am finding all the support literature for this boat very poor .    First off , no proper printed manual for the boat itself !!!    just a link to a very poor  online manual for the H20 Sport .  I think Chaparrel could have done better than that .   And what is in that manual is not very good - very lacking for the first time boat owner .    What is your overall opinion of your boat so far ???    I have to tell you .....  I was expecting better quality  from  a Chaparral .  I have several flaws in my gel coat.  I wish I would have looked better , and  noticed these upon delivery - or I would have never taken delivery of it .

I have had no real issues and the minor ones I had were either fixed before delivery (I ordered at boat show in Jan and it was delivered to my dealer at the beginning of April so they had a few weeks to make final tweaks) or were so minor by the time I noticed I was able to wait until end of season and let the dealership work on them whenever they wanted as long as it was ready by spring.  

List of issues that were fixed either before delivery or after season 1.

1) Screw in hinge for bow door not properly seated. Fixed before delivery.

2) Snap for snap-in carpet pulled out of fiberglass. Fixed over winter.. I couldn’t believe how well my dealer fixed this, they obviously had to patch the fiberglass and reinstall the screw in the exact same location but they even matched the diamond non skid patter exactly so you would have no idea it ever happened if you didn’t know before.

3) Speedo stopped working (still use gps speed on Navionics on my phone anyway) but it was fixed over the winter.

4) Part of Chap bird logo came off, they installed new one over winter.

5) The vinyl/fake leather on both the helm and passenger dash wasn’t fit very well and they reinstalled (or just fixed) and it looks perfect now.

All acceptable problems and all fixed to compete satisfaction.

The only complaint I have is she rattles a lot in rough water (seems like all over, stuff in the gunwales, hatches etc) and makes it seem like it doesn’t handle big water as well as it actually does. 

Why is it seem like the quality issues are fixed at dealer.  Didn't US automakers go through this phase?  Assembly line quality kept deteriorating as the line workers knew dealer would fix it.  Dealers got overwhelmed and let stuff go out the door.  Customer gets poor quality and eventually finds out that Asian cars have fewer defects.  There should be no excuse for some of these issues I am reading about to be coming from the factory.   

I have driven all types of Hondas for 40 years. no complaints. Chevrolet & Cadillac turned me off of American.

Son in Law bought a new Cad. now hates the problems. Plus The 4 of us have to use the Accord to carry 4 adults of average size. Can not even get into the back seats if you are 6 '.

Oh well.  MAGA ?