Scott Roberts

Ski & Fish onboard battery charger

17 hours ago, paulswagelock said:

The 3 bank charger should be hard wired to each battery + and -.  If the battery charger wires were too short they might have used some sort of junction to make it the rest of the way.

This. I bet your second trolling motor battery is not being charged and therefore had died from use. Make sure every battery has charge leads on both terminals.

Thanks. I don't recall seeing it connected to the batteries at all - just the normal battery cables - which is odd. I mean, why would it come from the factory without it connected? I'll check again this weekend when I get the boat back and reply back.

Nice boat, btw. :-)

Here are some pictures of the batteries, junction point and onboard charger. I checked the connections and everything seems to be connected right. And, something I didn't noticed until I just looked at one of the pictures. There is a thermal circuit breaker that the positive cables connect to. I have a feeling it's been tripped. I'll check that tonight. (I'm at work right now.)Junction.jpg.425472c474850f9bb52f9e522c7d58fa.jpgOnBoardCharger.jpg.c9426511c65dfe6827e9cd3d0035ea99.jpgTrollingMotorBatteries.jpg.8c52ae381b162a5903ba606957c98737.jpgTrollingMotorCircuitBreaker.jpg.25f2cbbd84f0533198a3a9493582d111.jpg