Powell obsessed

New to the chaparral family

Hello all.  This is my first post on this forum. I’ve been looking through it for the past couple months and glad to see there’s so much information on this website for chaparral owners. I just recently bought a 2002  230SSI with a Volvo Penta 5.7 GXI  SX out drive with 230 hrs on the gauge. This is my first boat with an Volvo Penta outdrive. My previous boat was a 1973 SS215 Slickcraft that was purchased  new by my father and I inherited it when he passed away. I was sad to see it go  but we have just outgrown it and with the kids into water sports it was hard to do that behind the slick craft !  That was one solid boat tell you what it was 45 years old and looks like it was maybe 10 to 15 it was very well taken care of.  I haven’t seen too many post with people that have the 230s I’m anxious to hear about other owners that have the same boat or even the same year pros and cons things that I might need to pay special attention to maintenance wise I’m capable to do in my own service work for the most part I have already changed out the engine oil & filter outdrive oil and the impeller and have ran it In the water  a week ago.  I was very impressed by everything about the boat it seems to be a very well solid build boat which is exactly what I was looking for.  I was also impressed with the Volvo it’s a huge difference going from 260 hp to 320 hp !  I love the look of the chaparral’s and I’ve been pretty impressed so far I think it was a good purchase. I’m glad to be a part of the chaparral family now thanks and safe boating. 

Welcome to the group.......:oregonian_winesmiley:

Solid boat, they used that hull mold on  the 236ssi in 2006 till about 2009 or so.

:boating: