Sign in to follow this  
Robd

Chap 276 ssx height on a trailer?

This is the open bow boat it comes with trailer.  

Its not on trailer yet just trying to figure this out. 

What are you asking, my friend?  What kind of truck or vehicle are you towing with and do you have a pic of the trailer?

Have the same boat and a couple of pics of my setup but not sure if those will help you.  Do you need a measurement to the top of the bunks?

I suspect it's a garage door clearance issue.  Anyone know the max height of a 276 on trailer, presumably to top of tower.

6 hours ago, JPFunk said:

I suspect it's a garage door clearance issue.  Anyone know the max height of a 276 on trailer, presumably to top of tower.

Not sure what measurement he's looking for.  I measured mine for a trip to Maryland to be sure I knew the total height for bridge clearances, but had to consider the radar too.  IIRC, it was around 11'-9".  I think it would be very difficult to clear a 10' tall garage door opening TBH.  Plus gotta check and see if it has a ski tow bar on top of the arch.  That's another 3" or so but I think they unscrew easily. 

Yeah I got an answer also around 12 feet

No it’s definitely not going to fit in my garage door I only have a 10 foot open  height

47 minutes ago, Robd said:

Yeah I got an answer also around 12 feet

No it’s definitely not going to fit in my garage door I only have a 10 foot open  height

Length of garage is also another consideration.  The boat is almost 29 ft long plus you have to add the front end & tongue of the trailer.  In my case that's another 7 ft or so beyond the tip of the bow.  You need a really long garage.