Par

Fuel gauge dead

Posted (edited)

Help the fuel gauge on my sig 350 2006 stoped working. This is the connections to the switch that I choose which tank to show. If someone withe the same model would be so kind and check ther switch/ breaker and se if something is missing. Or if someone have other suggestion how to check cables  

thanks for help  Par

A1854806-1644-40EC-9844-6A177DB1E6D4.jpeg.d1f4345e7719af7dd7361ec1d85f1b87.jpeg

Edited by Par
All text didn’t appear

That looks like it may be missing a wire. The yellows are likely grounds, the blues are the signals from your fuel senders, and the red is +12VDC for a backlight in the switch I assume. The switch will simply switch between which blue wire is connected to your fuel gauge. I’m not sure, but should there be a sixth wire which connects the signal to the fuel gauge? Maybe the red isn’t a backlight and goes up to your fuel gauge  

You should be able to disconnect each wire and test it with a multimeter to confirm my assumptions. The voltage you find, or don’t find on the blue wires can also help diagnose whether it’s a fuel sender issue, dead switch, or dead fuel gauge.  

I'll send a pic in a minute

Hope this helps

On 7/12/2018 at 4:17 PM, Par said:

Help the fuel gauge on my sig 350 2006 stoped working. This is the connections to the switch that I choose which tank to show. If someone withe the same model would be so kind and check ther switch/ breaker and se if something is missing. Or if someone have other suggestion how to check cables  

thanks for help  Par

A1854806-1644-40EC-9844-6A177DB1E6D4.jpeg.d1f4345e7719af7dd7361ec1d85f1b87.jpeg

22 hours ago, rjbergen said:

That looks like it may be missing a wire. The yellows are likely grounds, the blues are the signals from your fuel senders, and the red is +12VDC for a backlight in the switch I assume. The switch will simply switch between which blue wire is connected to your fuel gauge. I’m not sure, but should there be a sixth wire which connects the signal to the fuel gauge? Maybe the red isn’t a backlight and goes up to your fuel gauge  

You should be able to disconnect each wire and test it with a multimeter to confirm my assumptions. The voltage you find, or don’t find on the blue wires can also help diagnose whether it’s a fuel sender issue, dead switch, or dead fuel gauge.  

Thank you. Finally found two loose wires. So problem solved 

21 hours ago, Pops said:

Hope this helps

2018-07-12_135818.jpg

Thank you. Finally found two loose wires. So problem solved