247SSX

Towing Survey/Question

On 8/3/2018 at 10:07 AM, 247SSX said:

Last after testing and making sure they get along is posting an image of the family rig. Now prepare for a trip down the road to see how they ride together. I really like this truck and you know I love this boat. Seeing them together gives me goosebumps :P.

rig2.jpg

Wow! Nice boat and truck! Once you go diesel, you never go back!

Congrats!

brick

42 minutes ago, brick said:

Wow! Nice boat and truck! Once you go diesel, you never go back!

Congrats!

brick

+1

Packing and getting ready for Powell. Thank you for all the compliments. I plan to get there in one 8 - 10 hour run assuming the ride is nice. This truck even has 4G wireless. For $20 month on a month to month deal with Onstar you get unlimited data and can hook up up to 7 devices. Kids can stream netflix all the way. I can stream spotify of use XM. This is all very new to me for a truck. Pretty cool stuff. The truck even hooks up to my home network!

I love my 2015 F250 diesel.  More power than I'll ever need and the family is super comfortable on a long trip.  Win-win for everybody!!!  It tows my 8,000 Jeep/Trailer like its not even there so I'm sure it'll tow your boat the same.  I havent driven one of the new eco boost F150s with the 10 speed but for the price being so close to a F250 the choice was easy for me.  The F250 is super stable even above 70+ mph.  

1.jpg

I'm not sold on all these 7,9,10 speed automatics. Constant shifting. I like the old shift and pull then shift and pull. #%^$&%$ EPA with all these fuel mileage requirements. I guess it keeps the planetary gear builders in business.

I love the torque shift tranny in my truck. Especially the Tow Haul mode.... Set it at a given speed on a steep down hill and never have to touch the brakes. 

On 8/3/2018 at 10:07 AM, 247SSX said:

Last after testing and making sure they get along is posting an image of the family rig. Now prepare for a trip down the road to see how they ride together. I really like this truck and you know I love this boat. Seeing them together gives me goosebumps :P.

rig2.jpg

I don't think you could have made a better choice!! That's a sweet setup - congrats!

2 hours ago, Mi3sons said:

I'm not sold on all these 7,9,10 speed automatics. Constant shifting. I like the old shift and pull then shift and pull. #%^$&%$ EPA with all these fuel mileage requirements. I guess it keeps the planetary gear builders in business.

I really like the 8 speed in the admiral's Durango.  Gotta say, the Rango continues to impress (2015 Citadel V6).  Trying to get her on board with the Durango SRT . . . so far no good

On 8/7/2018 at 6:27 PM, Mi3sons said:

I was the same way initially. I've got a '15 Sierra 1500 with the 5.3 and 6 Speed. I've driven a newer 5.3 with the 8 speed (same rear end gearing, wheels/tires, etc.) as a loaner when I've had mine in for service and it's amazing what positive difference those extra 2 gears can make. The shifting is smoother than my 6 speed ever has been (even brand new). 

Was reading some older discussions and ran into this one. I thought I'd make you all laugh with a pic of my setup. 247SSX wow what a duo! Brock, Baker, 3sons, Man all your boats and trucks are awesome. You are my heros! haha right now I'm pulling a 24 year old boat with a people hauler that my wife carts the little ones around with. Hey, it does the job. 

40474355_534525153674591_2458452919610589578_n.jpg

While I was in Germany this summer, I never once saw anything as large as a F150 pulling travel trailers. Everything I saw was about the physical size of Escalade. All Merccedes. The trailers I would guess were 25ft or less. I would have to assume those Mercedes had some big engines in them.

I was really annoyed that I only saw one US car in Germany. A Ford Focus pulling a trailer. That car must have a different engine than my Focus.  I come home to the US and foreign cars EVERYWHERE.  

47 minutes ago, SST said:

While I was in Germany this summer, I never once saw anything as large as a F150 pulling travel trailers. Everything I saw was about the physical size of Escalade. All Merccedes. The trailers I would guess were 25ft or less. I would have to assume those Mercedes had some big engines in them.

I was really annoyed that I only saw one US car in Germany. A Ford Focus pulling a trailer. That car must have a different engine than my Focus.  I come home to the US and foreign cars EVERYWHERE.  

I've been back and forth to Berlin this past year a few times.  Actually there are a lot of foreign cars in Berlin.  Just not necessarily US made cars.  Renault, Peugeot and Citreon (French) Skoda (Old Communist Germany/Chech Republic), Fiat (Itally).  Ford has a big presence in Berlin.  A lot of Focus' (or is it Foci?).  We also see a few Chrysler 300s.  But you are right, no where near the percentage of domestic to foreign cars than the US.

I work for a Swedish company and last time I was over there, every car I saw was diesel.  Our rental car was a VW wagon with a diesel.