How to pump out holding tank when Waste Cap has cable tether?

Hi, strict newbie question here, sorry. Just picked up a low hours 2006 Chaparral 246 SSI with the Ecovac Vacuflush toilet. So far the toilet has flushed fine, but when I went have it pumped out, the marina was all confused because the Waste cap has a cable/tether on it and they didn't know how to attach their suction hose with that tether in the way. 3 different guys looked at it and scratched their heads. I've attached a picture with the cap dangling from the tether.

Should they just be able to put a friction fit hose in there and run it right past the tether, ignoring it? Or do I need to cut the tether so they can thread in a waste nozzle adapter similar to something like this (https://www.marinesan.com/16-tpi-4-5-tpcm-1-5-8-p/310343504.htm)?

Thanks!

Randy

IMG-8467 (1).JPG

Most marinas have a rubber cone shaped suction adapter that gets shoved into the opening and provides a pretty good seal. The only down side is you have to hold it against the thru-hull during the entire transfer. If you get rid of the tether, then you can use a 2" NPTM cam-lock adapter which is what I do on mine. Your 246 has the small capacity Sea Land Vacu-Flush system where the storage tank doubles as the vacuum accumulator. Nice system as it holds the waste under full vacuum during storage and the tank is not vented to atmosphere. You will see a thru-hull vent line fitting, but that is from the discharge side of the vacuum pump and not the tank itself. Point here is you must remember to shut off the vacuum pump and relieve the stored vacuum from the holding tank before attempting to pump-out. Most of the Vacu-Flush heads have a hold open lever on the flush mechanism just for that purpose. Otherwise just hold the ball valve open during transfer.  W

Thanks much Wingnut. I would definitely like to have the secure coupling. Are you suggesting something like this? There seem to be a big variety of different couplings at each end, so I'm struggling finding the right part. From measurements, I'm thinking I have 11 threads per inch and either 1-7/8 or 2" OD for the threads. The part shown below is 2" male camlock x 2" Male NPT from Camlocks Direct. Would marinas typically have a quick connect that will fit on to the top of this?

PPF200_-1.jpg

I have a tether on my waste cap also, so it doesn’t fall overboard when you unscrew it.  Try gently pulling the tether and it should pull out of the fill opening.  The end is like a spring that expands and holds the tether in place.  

14 hours ago, Randal said:

Thanks much Wingnut. I would definitely like to have the secure coupling. Are you suggesting something like this? There seem to be a big variety of different couplings at each end, so I'm struggling finding the right part. From measurements, I'm thinking I have 11 threads per inch and either 1-7/8 or 2" OD for the threads. The part shown below is 2" male camlock x 2" Male NPT from Camlocks Direct. Would marinas typically have a quick connect that will fit on to the top of this?

PPF200_-1.jpg

That will work. You will find that the fuel fill looks similar, but those threads are different, likely for a good reason. The only difference from that fitting is I use a 90 degree version. Tractor Supply carries every style. W

http://s526.photobucket.com/user/wingnutmfs/media/Winterization Merc 496256 SSX/9pumpoutholdingtank.jpg.html

Wow, what a great forum! You guys are awesome. Now I know I can remove the tether as needed, and either have the marina use a cone-shaped adapter or the 90 degree screw in (that I definitely will buy) for a more secure, hopefully less odorous/messy, experience. Thanks to all of you.