BovioDan

Signature 260 Age?

Hello there, just joined the forum. I have purchased an old pre-owned Signature 260 model (single Volvo Penta gasoline engine) and I am trying to find online all the possible operations and instruction manuals. The main issue is that I do not know the year of production, but surely before 2009. The Boat hull code is US-FGBC0927C202.

2 Questions ;-)

1)  Does anybody knows how to infer the year of production based on the hull code?

2)  The cockpit switches icons are totally faded (see pics below), can anybody owning a similar boat indicate the functions?

Thank you!

Left panel.jpg

Right Panel.jpg

US-FGBC0927C202

the last 2 numbers in the Hull serial # is the yr Hull manufactured ;)

so yours is a 2002

The switch covers pop off & can be replaced.  The model is the Carling Contura II.  I had to replace all of mine due to fading.

On my 2000, the 2 switches by the ignition key should be bilge blowers & horn.  On the other panel, should be nav lights, cockpit lights, wiper, trim tabs, depth sounder, & bilge pump (not in that order).

Thank you 951 Tom, that helps. I figured out the horn, wiper and trim tabs, still working on the others. You mention you replaced your switch covers: did you get them directly from Chaparral or did you buy them at a local retailer shop? I am trying to find somebody that sells them online but no luck so far. Thank you!