x1y2z3

Bilgepump in sumpbox on Sig290

The bilge pump of the sumpbox is dead. After removing the pump I realized that there is a power failure as well.
The pump is dead and blocked. This may have burned a fuse.
I don't find any.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I have a 2011 Sig290. Your not stating the year, but......... For me, its a breaker. Its ether located under the helm or on the battery switch panel. I just don't remember which one.  

Check your breakers -- the ones located back in the battery switch box.

Sorry... it's a 2008. There is none at the battery switch box at the entrance of the cockpit. A detailed wiring layout would be helpful.

I checked the owners manual. Nothing mentioned.

2 hours ago, x1y2z3 said:

Attached photo of my electrical box

Which sump pump box is it that is clogged or messed up, the forward one or the one in the engine compartment?  There's your two breakers for both of those pumps on the bottom right, no?  AFT AUTO BILGE for the one in the engine compartment/bilge and FWD AUTO BILGE for the one that is probably under the forward berth.  One of those should be the culprit. 

I have the same year and model.  Yes it is under the helm, and do not forget to turn it on when you are using the shower as well as the Air Conditioner.  I have replaced two of them so far in 9 years.

On 8/11/2018 at 8:34 AM, Hatem said:

Which sump pump box is it that is clogged or messed up, the forward one or the one in the engine compartment?  There's your two breakers for both of those pumps on the bottom right, no?  AFT AUTO BILGE for the one in the engine compartment/bilge and FWD AUTO BILGE for the one that is probably under the forward berth.  One of those should be the culprit. 

Hatem, the discussion is regarding the sump pump located in the forward bilge area. The sump pump pumps the shower and AC drain water overboard.

OP, I suggest replacing the whole sump pump box with a Rule Sump Pump box, it comes complete with a Rule pump and float switch, a much better setup than the original Attwood box.