Sign in to follow this  
paulswagelock

ChapaRobalo 300 OSX New Model Announced

The swinging helm seat is slick!

And I never would have guessed there is a berth tucked in there, too!

Wonder if they're planning on converting the 307 to this layout, with I/Os, there may be room for twins under the sunpad...

I saw that just yesterday, also. I have seen the Regal 30' with OBs that looks real nice.  Not that I'm shopping but if and when I get the OK for a new/used one otboards will be on the back. A few friends in LOTO have switched to OB with pontoons but I still cant wrap my head around that yet.

My guy at the shop says that SR is switching to all outboards, Really.

10 hours ago, cigarzfan said:

Can only imagine what the MSRP on that will be!

The similar Regal is about 150k +/-  that I've been spying.... came out in 2016.:drink-buddy:

My guess is that it will start at around $200k msrp and actually sell for around $150k.

I’m sure you’ll be able to add tens of thousands in option though, may be looking at close to $200k loaded up after discount.

I know all the benefits of outboard power but I still can’t get over how ugly/not as useful the transom is. We spend 80% of our time floating in the water behind the boat and I just can’t get over it for some reason .

Yeah, unless you're boating in salt water, slipped full time, or are doing offshore fishing on a smaller hull where you need engine redundancy, there are just too many downsides to outboards vs upsides, IMO.

Day boats are made for swimming and lounging, the platform is the best feature when on the hook.

2 big O B to play with in rough water off shore.

No thank you.     Lift the engine hatch & see if we can keep going.

14 minutes ago, cyclops2 said:

2 big O B to play with in rough water off shore.

No thank you.     Lift the engine hatch & see if we can keep going.

Not quite getting this one.  A friend of mine has a ~40' intrepid with triple 350's on it.  He makes the run from FL to the Bahamas a good bit, at times in pretty rough seas w/o isuse.

O K   A break down at sea or lakes. Rough running engine. Taking that heavy  O B   cover off could be fun.  Dropping it on the O B could cause another problem.  There is no spare space in OB motors

I like the motorized hatches more. In rough water 2 people help hold the hatch up.

I bit the bullet and ordered my new boat this year with an outboard. 28' day boat with a 300 HP supercharged Verado.

Boat is designed so the swim platform is still very usable. Performance is incredible. Friend ordered same boat with the new Merc 350hp IO with B3 drive. 

Mine is quicker out of the hole, faster, quieter and uses significantly less fuel for the same day's run. I see why many manufacturers are moving towards outboards.

I prefer the look of the IO, but the outboard strengths are numerous.

BINGO   BINGO  !

I totally agree with you !!!!!!!!!!  

Cyclops agreed with something ?    Drinks for everyone.    :o

I prefer a true inboard. Very simple to maintain & work on. Very quiet with loads of sound proofing available.

10 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

O K   A break down at sea or lakes. Rough running engine. Taking that heavy  O B   cover off could be fun.  Dropping it on the O B could cause another problem.  There is no spare space in OB motors

I like the motorized hatches more. In rough water 2 people help hold the hatch up.

Solution:  2-3 OB's- = redundancy :)

I like this boat other than the ugly @$$ windshield!  That thing is hideous.  As far as outboards go, I'm slowly warming up to them.  The brand new Yamaha 5.6 liter V8 is bad@$$.  If I were boating in a coastal area, I'd no doubt go with OB.  But for my inland lake boating, I still prefer the I/O.  Allows the kids to line up and jump off the swim platform and also looks more sleek.  Plus, I'll never get tired of the rumble of my big block coming from thru hull exhaust.