Carlo

High temp exhaust warning

2014 307 SSX with twin Volvo 300’s - getting exhaust warning heat... bring it to a stop it is fine for 30-45minutes then happens again? Engine temp,is fine 160.

When I brought to stop I, the first time went to neutral and let it idle for a bit as it said bring RPM down and the second time turned the engines/batter power completely off and restarted it to see if it would clear the warning.

Yes I have a catalytic converter and thru hull exhaust. Noticed that sides thru hull actuator is not closing, it is always open in the thru hull mode.

Thank you for the additional information.

I can't help much regarding the thru hull actuator, other than I'd first verify it's receiving power (positive, negative and bond) and that the actuator/cover isn't in a bind.  I don't believe it's related to the alarm, unless in the closed/partially closed position.

As to the alarm, I suggest confirming:

1.  The flush port cap is secure.  If not, it'll leak air which will cause a no flow or slower than normal flow condition. 

2.  When flushing, is water coming out each of the inlets located on the lower half of the drive (black cover on each side, about 6 inches above the lowest point on the skeg).  

3.  If both of the above are ruled out, onto the sea water/fresh (raw) water pump (which is located on the lower left front of the engine):

a.  Look below the pump and the engine and see if there is a black spray/streak perpendicular to the engine.  If nothing...

b.  Look at the cover and see if discolored (evidence of reduced water/no water flow).  If nothing...

c.  Time to confirm the nitrile impeller in the sea water/fresh (raw) water pump isn't damaged or worn.  Four 8 mm bolts secure the cover to the pump body, each with a small o-ring behind the cover.  Once the cover is removed, use a pair of needle nose pliers and remove the impeller.  It may take a slight tug to pull it out.  Once out, Inspect for damage.  Also inspect the inside of the pump for scoring/scratches (just rub your finger around in there).  If both of those are good, see if the shaft has any play.  If no play, the bearing and seal are good and the pump is ruled out. 

Should you need a new impeller, the part number is 21700445.  I have the pump part number if needed as well.

The above, assuming a hose is handy, should take about 30 minutes to an hour.

I could also be a bad or failing sensor, or loose wire.  Unlikely, but possible.

Good luck.