DarkMantle

Does the galley refrigerator have a drain?

My wild areess  guess is.   They are doing effectively PIECE WORK with a bonus that is increased with larger quotas each shift. The people learn quickly how to increase the daily output.

20 hours ago, Curt said:

Wow. Glad you caught and corrected both areas. I guess their motto is out of sight doesn’t matter. Who would leave holes like that. Unreal.

Yeah.  If the shop forman didn't see the wrongly drilled holes and the guys installing the seat just covered it up and then put the heat deflecting insulation underneath so he couldn't see it, then it's the hacks who are drilling and doing the assembly that are to blame.  But if he saw it, then he had to contemplate whether to get another entire new seat/engine hatch (which is not a small piece, it's rather big and round at the stern) and junk that one which would be a tough thing to do TBH.  If I was him I'm not sure I would do that and cost the company that loss.  But I would most definitely patch the gaddam holes for crying out loud.  The fact they just left them is what really sucks.  Luckily water doesn't get under the pad.  It's pretty tight and rolls around to those two, outer drain holes at the back ends and drip to the sides of the engine into the bilge. 

29 minutes ago, Hatem said:

Yeah.  If the shop forman didn't see the wrongly drilled holes and the guys installing the seat just covered it up and then put the heat deflecting insulation underneath so he couldn't see it, then it's the hacks who are drilling and doing the assembly that are to blame.  But if he saw it, then he had to contemplate whether to get another entire new seat/engine hatch (which is not a small piece, it's rather big and round at the stern) and junk that one which would be a tough thing to do TBH.  If I was him I'm not sure I would do that and cost the company that loss.  But I would most definitely patch the gaddam holes for crying out loud.  The fact they just left them is what really sucks.  Luckily water doesn't get under the pad.  It's pretty tight and rolls around to those two, outer drain holes at the back ends and drip to the sides of the engine into the bilge. 

The part that gets me with my issues was the fact that they are in a building with bucket loads of fiberglass resin!  It would literally take take seconds with a syringe full of resin to inject in to those mis-drilled holes and be done with it.  But no, it was much more fun to chase leaks for a year due to their hack attitude.  This is obviously a used boat.  No idea how the previous owner never questioned any of this, but if I were buying new, I'm not sure if i'd look to Chaparral.