Seamadian

1994 25.5 SSX

Hello all,

I am looking at purchasing this Chaparral 25.5ft cuddy cabin boat.  . 

The ad reads 454 engine this is a very nice boat, well maintained and clean. the cuddy is like new condition with stove, sink, bathroom is nice with a sink, only needs a porta-potty. great sounding sterio. i'm the 2nd owner. we are downsizing to a pontoon boat, was stored inside in winter.cuddy also has built in cooler. volvo penta outdrive, new battery, dual stainless steel prop, extra dual aluminum prop, new empelar, life jackets, oars, fire ext. included. FIRM PRICE, CASH ONLY

They are asking $10,500.00. It's a 1994 or 1995 not sure it lists both years. Looks like it's in great condition. 

What do you all think good price for the year? Any comments on engine and outdrive pros and cons? 

00d0d_f5ReCwzbmgM_600x450.jpg

00t0t_j1L6RfFS9Ek_600x450.jpg

01717_idcKWe3pu9j_600x450.jpg

1 hour ago, Seamadian said:

Hello all,

The ad reads 454 engine this is a very nice boat, well maintained and clean. the cuddy is like new condition with stove, sink, bathroom is nice with a sink, only needs a porta-potty. great sounding sterio. i'm the 2nd owner. we are downsizing to a pontoon boat, was stored inside in winter.cuddy also has built in cooler. volvo penta outdrive, new battery, dual stainless steel prop, extra dual aluminum prop, new empelar, life jackets, oars, fire ext. included. FIRM PRICE, CASH ONLY

They are asking $10,500.00. It's a 1994 or 1995 not sure it lists both years. Looks like it's in great condition. 

01717_idcKWe3pu9j_600x450.jpg

Lol, when I first saw this pic, I thought there was an opening with doors in the bow and that person was looking through, had a WTF moment there for a second.:D

Nice boat and it even comes with an extra set of alum. duoprops?  That's nice. 

I'd be curious if he's ever had to use the oars to push that boat, and does it have the rings bolted on for them?

17 hours ago, Seamadian said:

Hello all,

What do you all think good price for the year? Any comments on engine and outdrive pros and cons? 

Are you sure about the model numbers? I have the '93 / '94 owner's manual and there is no mention of a 25.5 SXX. Pretty sure you are looking at a 2550 SX (not the SX Sport, because the Sport has a full width rear seat and lounge sun pad over the engine compartment full width hatch. Yours has the 2 jump seats w/ small engine cover).

The 454 is a great engine and will give you plenty of power. If taken care of, lasts a very long time and is super dependable.. My '92 2550 SX Sport with 454 (Mercruiser w/ B1) is original with over 1300 hours on it.

That's a really good price for a great boat in the '94/'95 year bracket, provided it's not the dreaded Volvo drive with all the problems. Don't recall the designation of the drive, but I'm sure others here versed on the Volvo Pentas will chime in on the "stay away from" drive.

27 minutes ago, Pops said:

That's a really good price for a great boat in the '95 year bracket, provided it's not the dreaded Volvo drive with all the problems. Don't recall the designation of the drive, but I'm sure others here versed on the Volvo Pentas will chime in on the "stay away from" drive. 

XDP.

If the present owner will tell you what the Hull ID Number (HIN) is, that'll tell you what year the boat is. The HIN serves the same function as a VIN on a car or truck.

The last 2 numbers are the "model" year.

To decipher the HIN, look here: http://www.hinsearchplus.com/hs_userguide.aspx