Sign in to follow this  
Daytripper

Thru Haul Exhaust

Did Chaparral stop offering thru haul exhaust? I don't see any brand new boats with that option. I am I missing something?

Thanks,

Thru HULL!  No, I've seen some new ones out there with thru hull exhaust.  But it seems that most people don't opt for it anymore.  I guess noise laws and a lot of people preferring the quiet have outnumbered those of us who love the growl of American muscle!

And it's worth a couple horsepower at the top end at the cost of softening mid-range torque. Takes 12 horsepower for every mph gained so it's all about the noise. The added weight negates any performance gain, and drilling two more large holes in the hull just never seems to be a good idea. Rant Complete.   W

48 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

And it's worth a couple horsepower at the top end at the cost of softening mid-range torque. Takes 12 horsepower for every mph gained so it's all about the noise. The added weight negates any performance gain, and drilling two more large holes in the hull just never seems to be a good idea. Rant Complete.   W

now you're starting to sound like a grumpy old man!;)

5 minutes ago, MonkeySeaII said:

now you're starting to sound like a grumpy old man!;)

It's "Poker Run" season down here. Triple engine, supercharged, dual quad 40 footers by the dozen. The new outboard go fast with quads or even 5 x 400's slide by them and barely make a sound. Fun to watch.  Usually living on a 4 mile dead end road has it's advantages, as there is half as much traffic on Sunday, as there is no mail. Restricted air space too so no planes either. I keep asking myself why we are moving to Florida. Heard a bald eagle's call and a deer sneeze this morning. Hey, keep it down...   W

Don't like the holes in the hull but love the sound.  Every time a captains call with the exhaust open comes by our house, I wished I had the option.  Of course reality would be that my wife would make me shut it off in the first minute anyway.  

1 hour ago, Chaparral Rider said:

Don't like the holes in the hull but love the sound.  Every time a captains call with the exhaust open comes by our house, I wished I had the option.  Of course reality would be that my wife would make me shut it off in the first minute anyway.  

My wife used to complain relentlessly until I hit the Captains Call but over the years she has given up and gotten used to it:haha-7383:

27 minutes ago, MonkeySeaII said:

My wife used to complain relentlessly until I hit the Captains Call but over the years she has given up and gotten used to it:haha-7383:

Yeah, she finally let me turn the stereo up past 2.  

4 minutes ago, Chaparral Rider said:

Yeah, she finally let me turn the stereo up past 2.  

Whoa, hold on, lets not get carried away!!  LOL.  I haven't gotten there yet!  I installed a subwoofer 2 years ago.  A few weeks ago she was napping so I cranked up the stereo.  I told her I was testing out the sub and it has to be past a certain volume in order to work properly.  LOL

4 hours ago, MonkeySeaII said:

Whoa, hold on, lets not get carried away!!  LOL.  I haven't gotten there yet!  I installed a subwoofer 2 years ago.  A few weeks ago she was napping so I cranked up the stereo.  I told her I was testing out the sub and it has to be past a certain volume in order to work properly.  LOL

Hair nation all day baby!

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:05 PM, MonkeySeaII said:

Same here, did a full system upgrade two seasons which included adding a sub and then I got the pass to at least be able to hear it while underway.