Sign in to follow this  
2550sxsport

New boat- looking for some documentation

hi all, new member here, have been browsing the forums for a little while and getting some great info. I bought an 89 2550 SX Sport this year with a 7.4 merc/bravo I, I was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of a wiring diagram, at least for the engine. Any other documents, owners manual etc would be very appreciated as well. Thanks in advance

chances of finding an owners manual is slim to none.  You could check chaps website, but doubt they go back that far.  In reality the owners manuals for boats are kind of unassuming.  They usually cover safe boating, basic care etc, nothing to informing.   What I would suggest is finding a Merc 454 repair manual for that year of engine, they can be found on ebay for cheap or you can download them as well for cheap,  think I got mine for like 30 bucks on ebay, this will go over everything you need.

Boat makers stop making parts and such after about 5-10 years, so find older parts can be challenge.  Luckily for boats the only thing that really is brand specific is the hull, most other parts on a boat are actually made by somebody else which more times than not you can find parts.  I always like ebay, amazon, great lakes schipper etc.  dealers can be hit or miss but you usually pay about 40% more for the same parts

https://www.mercruiserparts.com/454-mag-bravo-gm-454-v-8-1988-1992-0b

you cant try this website as well, I usually use them to find parts numbers so I can search the web for the parts, but theres also diagrams.