DQNinh

What is this

Image-1.thumb.png.e8803b246008556e70149c6217c77890.png

Hi All,

I have a 2016 Chaparral 19 H2O with a Volvo 225 engine.  I looked at the oil filter today, thinking about a plan to do an oil change, and discovered a hose with a cap next to the oil filter (please see the attached image, red circle)

What is that hose for.  Looks like I can detach it from the hook (top) and drop the end of the hose down to the ground so that some fluid inside can be release?  Is that a new way (for new engine) to dump out the oil without using an oil pump?

Please advice.

Thanks

You hook your garden hose to that port which allows you to run your engine when out of the water. Do not exceed 1500 rpm`s though.

19 hours ago, DQNinh said:

Hi All,

I have a 2016 Chaparral 19 H2O with a Volvo 225 engine.  I looked at the oil filter today, thinking about a plan to do an oil change, and discovered a hose with a cap next to the oil filter (please see the attached image, red circle)

What is that hose for.  Looks like I can detach it from the hook (top) and drop the end of the hose down to the ground so that some fluid inside can be release?  Is that a new way (for new engine) to dump out the oil without using an oil pump?

Please advice.

Thanks

Like the other gents mentioned, it's the flushport to run water through the engine's cooling system using your garden hose to connect to that port instead of using muffs on the outdrive, but mainly it's for flushing and cleaning your cooling system with fresh water.  You should have a manual that came with your boat that describes all these features and this one is a pretty important one.  You don't want to confuse it with anything oil-related.

If you're thinking of a plan to do your oil change, please read the manual carefully to understand all these features on your engine.  If somehow you didn't get one with the boat, get online and download it but definitely read the entire manual before attempting anything yourself.  Cheers.

21 hours ago, Chap243 said:

You hook your garden hose to that port which allows you to run your engine when out of the water. Do not exceed 1500 rpm`s though.

1 hour ago, Hatem said:

Like the other gents mentioned, it's the flushport to run water through the engine's cooling system using your garden hose to connect to that port instead of using muffs on the outdrive, but mainly it's for flushing and cleaning your cooling system with fresh water.  You should have a manual that came with your boat that describes all these features and this one is a pretty important one.  You don't want to confuse it with anything oil-related.

If you're thinking of a plan to do your oil change, please read the manual carefully to understand all these features on your engine.  If somehow you didn't get one with the boat, get online and download it but definitely read the entire manual before attempting anything yourself.  Cheers.

Thank you.

On 10/8/2018 at 3:40 PM, DQNinh said:

Hi All,

Please advice.

Thanks

That would be your fuel filter..... Oil filter would be on the port side.