Ed p

Windless anchor for a 276 ssx

15 hours ago, Denny said:

If it were mine, I would add an upper roller, and drop the whole unit that is mounted on the post.

If you flip it over, believe me, you will not like it.

That's what I did when launching it and retrieving it and it still wasn't enough, Denny.  Although I've never seen the winch upside down, it would be a first for sure but it might give me the clearance that I'm looking for even if I need to add additional things like you mentioned.  I just don't want to back the boat any further than it is and adding rollers and especially a stopper like the one bellow will keep the boat even further back.  Now if this V thing had rollers on it, that might help push the bow up before it reached the winch?

image_2984280f66d126aa82f000b40c3e5806b5

12 hours ago, Hatem said:

That's what I did when launching it and retrieving it and it still wasn't enough, Denny.  Although I've never seen the winch upside down, it would be a first for sure but it might give me the clearance that I'm looking for even if I need to add additional things like you mentioned.  I just don't want to back the boat any further than it is and adding rollers and especially a stopper like the one bellow will keep the boat even further back.  Now if this V thing had rollers on it, that might help push the bow up before it reached the winch?

image_2984280f66d126aa82f000b40c3e5806b5

You don't reposition the boat, you fit the post and rollers and leave the boat where it is.

That is the way I did mine.

Denny.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:44 PM, Denny said:

Mine has 2 rollers and the bow eye rests up under the top roller.

If it were mine, I would add an upper roller, and drop the whole unit that is mounted on the post.

If you flip it over, believe me, you will not like it.

Adding a second roller will achieve the same thing.

Denny.

IMG-3926.jpg

Ok, I trust you 100%.  I just looked through EZ Loader's site for a keel roller similar to that and didn't see anything.  I'll keep looking at other sites for aluminum ones.

In the meantime I saw this.  Kinda drops the winch a bit out of the way.

EZ-LOADER Galvanized Winch Mount Assembly w/Roller #300-035211-10

14 hours ago, Hatem said:

Ok, I trust you 100%.  I just looked through EZ Loader's site for a keel roller similar to that and didn't see anything.  I'll keep looking at other sites for aluminum ones.

In the meantime I saw this.  Kinda drops the winch a bit out of the way.

EZ-LOADER Galvanized Winch Mount Assembly w/Roller #300-035211-10

I know how you like to make things.

Take the whole unit and slide it down the post.

Design 2 metal plates to mount on your existing roller.

Then add the 2nd roller to the top of the metal plates.

Everything can be custom fitted, I'm sure that that will be well within your expertise.

Maybe adding a bow roller to the front part of the trailer will bump the nose up so your anchor will clear.

You might have to do both.

This looks like it would be a good job for a couple of guys and a 6pack.:)

Denny.

10 hours ago, Denny said:

I know how you like to make things.

Take the whole unit and slide it down the post.

Design 2 metal plates to mount on your existing roller.

Then add the 2nd roller to the top of the metal plates.

Everything can be custom fitted, I'm sure that that will be well within your expertise.

Maybe adding a bow roller to the front part of the trailer will bump the nose up so your anchor will clear.

You might have to do both.

This looks like it would be a good job for a couple of guys and a 6pack.:)

Denny.

Thx, Denny.   Gonna try a few things and see what happens.  Will keep you posted.

13 hours ago, drewm3i said:

Holy He!l...what a project :D:beer-7687-1::clapsmiley:.

Thanks, Drew.  Nothing near what you did on that Sea Ray, that's for sure.  And doing it so that you wouldn't be just passing it on to an unsuspecting buyer is even more admirable of you.  Hopefully there was some return to all that work.