Dear Chap friends,  

Firs I have to apologize if my English is incorrect.

Now to my question.

On my 350 signature from 2006 two of the supports for the swim platform is loose so I have to reattach them again. The old screws have broken so I don’t know how long they are. 

How thick is the transom and has is plywood or composite reinforcement.

Suggestions  on how long screws should I use would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, may the winter be owner fast. 

Probe the holes with a small stick or tooth pick. Be sure to seal with 5200 when you reattach the brackets. 

Use quality stainless steel hardware, You dont list engines or outdrives , but outdrives are nominally 2 1/4 inches thick.

I would guess inboard transoms should be the same thickness

6 minutes ago, Bt Doctur said:

Use quality stainless steel hardware, You dont list engines or outdrives , but outdrives are nominally 2 1/4 inches thick.

I would guess inboard transoms should be the same thickness

The Kevlar reinforced composites like the one on my 2008 is less than 5/8" thick. W

16 hours ago, Par said:

Dear Chap friends,  

Firs I have to apologize if my English is incorrect.

Now to my question.

On my 350 signature from 2006 two of the supports for the swim platform is loose so I have to reattach them again. The old screws have broken so I don’t know how long they are. 

How thick is the transom and has is plywood or composite reinforcement.

Suggestions  on how long screws should I use would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, may the winter be owner fast. 

I have a friend who's in the Swedish military and part of a tank regiment.  Told me about part of their training is to sleep and live outdoors for several weeks in -35F degree weather in the winter lol.  The reason that came up is because I was telling him how we work outside in our winters and how tough we are.........lol. 

You should easily be able to find out how thick your transom is by removing one of the busted screws and sticking a wire in from the outside while a friend on the inside tells you when it comes through.  Pinch it and hold the spot against the outside transom with your fingers and pull it out and then measure that length of wire.  Then you'll need to add whatever extra for the thickness of the brackets themselves and enough to add whatever else you need on the inside such as washers or a plate and the nut to tighten it.  So transom thickness + bracket thickness + enough thread on the bolts for washer/plate & nuts.