Sign in to follow this  
tim_093

question about trailer brakes

I have a 2008 Sunesta 224 and I tow it on a load rite trailer. The trailer has surge brakes but they haven't worked since I purchased it with the boat in June. I can see where the brake lines have broke in 2 separate place.  I don't tow the boat very far and I have no trouble stopping the boat with my full size truck. My question is, should I have the brakes lines fixed or just take the brakes off all together? What do you guys think?

fix the brakes.  In an emergency you don't want to rely on your truck only.  Plus there may be some legal ramifications.

My guess is 30 thousand dollar boat, maybe a few hundred to fix it yourself. Maybe a grand to have someone else do it. Seems like it would be a no brainer if it were mine.

"You guys are right".       I knew we would pull it off some day. Blind Squirrel/Nut kind of thing...  W

Do not be surprised if you need a new cylinder & metal lines. As a minimum.  Wheel cylinders may be rusted to.

On 10/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, tim_093 said:

You guys are right. Just dropped it off at the shop to have repaired.

:clapsmiley:

I was having trouble with mine a few years back. After calling the manufacturer of the actuator, they sent me a new one. Free.