Sign in to follow this  
mpm330

Fall Maintenance

I scheduled having my fall maintenance done back at the first of Sept., two months of recorded rain fall and looks as if it will have to wait. I think they are going to do the oil and filter changes, but the out drives, bottom, and waxing will have to wait. The boat ramp where they would pull the boat out is several feet underwater. Also the walkway to the dock is floating in about six feet of water. Access to the dock is by boat only, what a pain in the butt.

2 moths of record rainfall !?

Wow - We've just had our 4th DRIEST October on record here - it has been an amazingly dry & warm October. (which is normally wet & gloomy)

I hope you get everything done on your boat before the cold weather hits you guys :)

Lake Texoma is a LITTLE bit better, I think.  I had to wade into 6 inches of water to get to the ramp leading to the boat house last weekend.  That ramp is usually SEVERAL feet above the waterline.  Otherwise, no problems.  I know Highport and Cedar Mills had some problems.  But at least the water is receding and we'll get back to our fall boating activities soon (maybe even the weekend!)

For Sept. & Oct.we have over two feet of rain so far. Lake was down 3' before Sept. and now it is 6' over normal.  Planned maintenance will have to wait for lake to go down at least 4.5'.

Been on the north side of Lake Texoma all weekend. Aside from the muddy water from the rains, what a really nice weekend it's been on the water! Very light winds and temps around 70.

Our walkway to the slip last weekend was about 8" under water, today, we are high and dry though the lake is still probably 8-9' above what it should be...and we have water again on the slip which allowed me to successfully test the water pump and we now have water on the boat finally w/o any leaks as we bypassed the water heater last weekend but couldn't test for leaks.

While we have still yet to sleep on the hook in a cove, we did get the chance yesterday to stay on the hook most of the day, and run the genset and A/C (it was almost hot yesterday!). First anchor attempt only took about 5 minutes before my anchor alarm app went off. Second attempt kept us in the same spot the remainder of the day. I need some more practice with this to feel comfortable.

And with the help of TexasPilot71, I was able to get the rest of my equipment in the engine compartment identified. Thanks to @TexasPilot71