My Chaparral signature has a problem in that after running perfectly well for hours on end if I turn the engine off it won’t restart. If left for several hours or overnight everything returns to normal ! It was windy on Loch Lomond today and as I reversed into the mooring I accidentally turned off the ignition the wind caught me and blew me across the marina. The engine was turning over but just refused to start eventually I had to be towed by the marina staff back to my berth. The fuel pump has been replaced the fuel is fine can anybody suggest what might be going on?

Could be a vapor lock issue but we will need to know what engine, drive, and model year. W

I am sure that Wingnut is right. But what comes to mind for me is, a distributor problem. 

Years ago, what happened to me is exactly that. I first went after the small stuff as in the fuel filters. For what ever reason at the time. I changed the cap and rotor and the problem when away.  

13 hours ago, Iggy said:

I am sure that Wingnut is right. But what comes to mind for me is, a distributor problem. 

Years ago, what happened to me is exactly that. I first went after the small stuff as in the fuel filters. For what ever reason at the time. I changed the cap and rotor and the problem when away.  

I am sure that Wingnut is right.                                                  Ha, that one right there is sure to get you in trouble.  I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken...  W