chap204

Winter Storage Options

I need suggestions on finding a good boat cover, I have always stored my boat in a large building with controlled environment (no winterizing necessary), the building was sold recently so that's a no go now.

I have considered shrink wrap and storing it under my carport, but now I am leaning towards purchasing a decently priced cover. I have a 2008 204 SSI with swim platform, that I'd like for it to cover as well. I do have the snap on covers, but I want more coverage...

I've heard about Fisher, but I am open to other suggestions. Found one on Amazon for $229 made by SBU, not sure about the quality though.

Oh, I live in middle Tennessee, if that matters.

What say you?

Why do you want to cover the swim platform? 

Go to a canvas shop and have one made. It's the only way to ensure you get a good fit. 

35 minutes ago, Phillbo said:

Why do you want to cover the swim platform? 

Go to a canvas shop and have one made. It's the only way to ensure you get a good fit. 

It never crossed my mind to cover the platform until I started looking for covers online, one of the options was *with or without swim platform*, I guess you're right, no need to cover it...

Carports can be sneaky on hours & strength of sunlight.  Chalking of places ?

Coveranything.com carries Westland custom covers (also carried by Bald Mike's).  Coveranything beat everyone's prices when I got mine.  Fits perfect on my 210 SSI.

Also, it is 100% waterproof.  Mine unfortunately sat out at the repair shop last spring over Easter when a major storm hit, several inches of rain.  Didn't have the support pole in so tarp filled with water till it almost sagged to the floor of the cockpit.  Sat that way till I happened to check on it over the weekend and bailed the water out.  Not a drop went through and went back to original shape so again fits perfect. 

Good covers will have several plastic Clam Shell vents with bug screens. They should very near the highest peaks of the covers. They allow heat to escape with some moisture. NO ALL THE MOISTURE !!   A wet bilge can cause different colored mildew to form anywhere  people & pets frequent in the boat. Spilled drinks & food do wonders for mold & mildew spots that appear next spring...………. Good news is the mildew & mold grows right at the food stains.

Definitely go with a cover if you're going to keep the boat.  I wasted money on a few years worth of shrink wrap before buying one.  Mine covers the swim platform up to the anchor roller and was an exact fit.  Get the cinch to pull the draw string tight & pole vents for support.

ive had both that cover and don't.  For the same money id get one to cover the swim deck.  Keeps the sun, rain, snow etc off the fiberglass