Stuart Adair

Just saying hello.

Hello all,

Just bought my first boat. Not one for doing things by half so I've bought a Chaparral Signature 27 with a wonderful 5.7 ltr Mercruiser. It's going to be used on the River Avon and River Severn with 6mph speed limits...But I just love the idea of lots of power just in case, and fell in love with the boat. 

I'm sure I'l have lots of questions...So stand by :D

Signature 27.png

Congrats and welcome.  Another fella from the UK.  Those are beautiful rivers and very scenic, but are the 6mph speed limits everywhere?  Anywhere else on those rivers where you can speed up a little?  At least get on plane, maybe?  What year is the boat?

Hi Hatem :-).

She's (See I'm already getting attached :D) a 1990 currently berthed in Horning on the Norfolk Broads. On the stern its got Loch Lomond written on so I think that's where it started it's life. Good news is that I don't think its been in salt water or really run hard on the sea. Its got 750 hrs on and you could eat your dinner off the engine. Got to get it transported over to Tewkesbury but we're going on holiday next week so it'll be the last week of November before it arrives I think. 

Don't care how cold it gets either. I'm going for a play.

2 hours ago, Stuart Adair said:

Hi Hatem :-).

She's (See I'm already getting attached :D) a 1990 currently berthed in Horning on the Norfolk Broads. On the stern its got Loch Lomond written on so I think that's where it started it's life. Good news is that I don't think its been in salt water or really run hard on the sea. Its got 750 hrs on and you could eat your dinner off the engine. Got to get it transported over to Tewkesbury but we're going on holiday next week so it'll be the last week of November before it arrives I think. 

Don't care how cold it gets either. I'm going for a play.

Niiice.  Yeah you're not too excited lol.  That's great.  I hope you're a Liverpool fan?

EDIT:  The helm info was for someone else, my bad.  

Hello all, 

Just  a quick update to let you know that we've now had the boat moved from Wroxham on the Norfolk Broads to Tewkesbury Marina. We've spent a few days cleaning it up, which included clearing a blocked macerator and replacing the 3-way valve to get the toilet working (Not a nice job) , and she's now sitting pretty on her mooring at Tewkesbury.  Lots and lots of little improvements to make in the coming months which I'll be sharing on YouTube. 

Here's a video of the boat being lifted into the water for starters.

Stu :D